Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wax and grease remover = mineral spirits?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,231 Times in 1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210 View Post
Brian:
The big difference is that with the McBland burger - you know going in what you are gonna get. It is national, it is built to a proven formula. Going to a local "one-off" burger joint is an unknown- it may be great, it may be the most gawdawful thing ever concocted (lets face it - we've ALL experienced that!) The odds favor the multi-million seller being much more consistent. Seems like when you are talking about the humongous cost of painting a car vs the small cost of a burger, your argument seems to favor going to Lowes instead of the small-market brands.

And yes, Brian, I'm just yankin' yer chain! I agree with your views. You are knowledgeable about auto finishing, whereas I am totally clueless - my best work involves a brush - but I couldn't resist the chance to tease ya!
LOLOLOLOLOL, Dave, you are absolutely correct in your analogy! LOLOL,

You know the funny part about this, I wrote that from the point of view of a guy who loves food! I savor every bite of my meals, I dine, I don't just eat to consume nutrients, you know what I mean? I believe food is one of the greatest blessings and gifts in our life and I savor it with all my senses. And those specialty burger places, I have NEVER been disappointed.

So that is what I see with the two burgers. To someone who doesn't feel the way I do about food, the person who isn't a food nut finds that McDonalds is a perfectly reliable place to eat where you can get the exact same burger in California as you can in Delaware when you are on vacation. And looking at it from that point of view you are absolutely correct, my analogy says to use the Lowes cleaner! Thanks for pointing that out, that is just too friggin funny.

Ok, let's go back to the cost, do you really want to save $3 a car on wax and grease remover chancing the damage to $800 in materials you are using?
How's that Dave, is that clearer?

Thanks again Dave for pointing that out as you did, damn that put a smile on my face this Monday morning.

Brian