Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wax and grease remover = mineral spirits?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 05:53 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Just make sure you wash your hands GOOD after touching one of those burgers! Talk about needing wax and grease remover! If one those burgers get anywhere near your car you need to be sure to clean it well before applying any primer paint or clear.

Brian
I have a good friend that owns a mega shop, we first meant about 18 years ago as he was a body man at another shop and the owner called me one day and said his painter walked out and wanted to know if the next day I could teach his one body man to paint and we turned into good friends.

Well a couple of years ago he was getting some nasty fish-eyes, not all jobs but about 12-16 cars a week (a days output) but we never put it together that it was only happening one day a week until the end.
For almost three months we tried to figure out the problem, tried everything and no good results came.

Well he called me one day and the verdict was every Wed or Thurs he bought the shop KFC for lunch but he was always to busy to set out in the shop to eat with them. One day he did and he watch a helper get done eating and start working on a car, he realized he had not had any fish-eyes this week, so far. He did not say anything and sure as can be the next two paint jobs--fish-eyes.

Funny how we over look the smallest item, when we try and solve a problem.
Everyone now washes up after the KFC1