Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wax and grease remover = mineral spirits?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 AM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
I have a good friend that owns a mega shop, we first meant about 18 years ago as he was a body man at another shop and the owner called me one day and said his painter walked out and wanted to know if the next day I could teach his one body man to paint and we turned into good friends.

Well a couple of years ago he was getting some nasty fish-eyes, not all jobs but about 12-16 cars a week (a days output) but we never put it together that it was only happening one day a week until the end.
For almost three months we tried to figure out the problem, tried everything and no good results came.

Well he called me one day and the verdict was every Wed or Thurs he bought the shop KFC for lunch but he was always to busy to set out in the shop to eat with them. One day he did and he watch a helper get done eating and start working on a car, he realized he had not had any fish-eyes this week, so far. He did not say anything and sure as can be the next two paint jobs--fish-eyes.

Funny how we over look the smallest item, when we try and solve a problem.
Everyone now washes up after the KFC1
I was having a horrible time with fisheyes about this time two years ago working a on a friends '55 Thunderbird. Barry, you were a tremendous help and even realyed that story to me so I dug down deep and eliminated every possible source of contamination in the garage and the problem went away (don't know what the ultimate cause was and don't care, it was gone).

During that time I was discussion the problems with him and I shared the KFC story and he was amazed that could have such an effect. A couple weeks later, while I was still working on his TBird, he came over an caught me and the family having KFC for dinner and he almost had a heart attack!! HaHa