Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wax and grease remover = mineral spirits?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fool View Post
One thing I have noticed is that a panel needs to be cleaned with solvent based w&g, then cleaned with water based w&g. There are contaminants that each will remove faster easier better than the other, or so that is how it appears to this old fart.
A good washing with Dawn, then a wipe down with a solvent base. When ready for paint I wipe it down once more with water borne. Might just be me, but the vapors from the isopropyl alcohol give me a head ache if I don't wear a respirator when using the waterborne.

Mitmak, you can save a few more dollars if you buy paint thinner instead of Mineral Spirits, its the same stuff. Get it in 5 gallon cans at Parker paint and save a few more dollars per gallon.
Great degreaser for use in your parts washing tank.
sometimes I think that water based grease and wax remover is more like "dirt based" grease and wax remover. That stuff is as harsh as silk. Might as well get out the dawn cause that stuff sucks!