Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wax and grease remover = mineral spirits?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 12:52 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
Sooooo, what one are you talking about, that is crap??

There are a number on the market and funny thing about this they are made to accomplish certian things and they usually do that very well.
Some are made for bumpers, some are made for interior work, some for cleaning normal bare metal and prep work outside of car.

They all do good for what they are made for but one made to do interior, is not going to work on bare metal worth a crap.

Do I also take this as you use a solvent cleaner on TPO, TEO, PP and PE raw bumpers???? What is the comeback ratio?

Buy the solvents at ace hardware or use the wrong solvent for the job and yes, I can see why you think it is crap.

When you used glazing putty on the endura bumper and had to redo, was it the glazing putty, that was crap or not knowing what you are doing?
I'm not a water based cleaner expert but from my experience it hasn't worked that great. This comes about the shop trying to stay in line with regulation.

As far as the glazing putty, I'm not too prideful to admit when I'm wrong. I always will ask the questions. There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion unless I think I know it all.
It's the guys who think they know everything who put themselves in a bind cause they build up this "net persona" and when they get into a bind they're too prideful to ask. So true.