We rode the bikes for 10 hours yesterday. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Tazz

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

We rode the bikes for 10 hours yesterday.

Coming home from the Canann Valley resorte in WV. Great week in the mountains. This is the FIRST real vacation we have taken in 19 years. The kids are all grown and out of High School so the wife an I took this one week to ride with some friends to a ride-in for WOW/women on wheels motorcycle club that my wiife ride's with. Must have been a couple thousand woman riders there from all over the country. Now this next week I'm working with a guy who will wire up my 37 Dodge so I can get it back on the road!!!!!! The old painless wiring harness isn't painless!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Sounds like an awesome week!
You whole body must be vibrating from those 10 hours on the bike!

Mike
Old 07-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Tazz,
The views in WV are awesome! I love riding through the western part of Virginia and through West Virginia. The last time though, my wife didn't drink enough water and almost dehydrated on the back of the wing (shes too stubborn to say anything about stopping).

I'm glad to hear you had a good vacation. Its hard now days to enjoy the time off. Last year my vacation included weddings, graduations and house/yard cleanup. It really wasn't much of a vacation.

Keep us updated on the "Painless Wiring" . You have made my mind up in not buying their product.

Dutch
Old 07-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Vacations's not over yet!!

Was a great ride down there , we took two days and watched the boat races in Marietta on the Ohio river on the 4th of July and we did 100-200miles a day just cruising around the mountains in WV. The trip home we decided to go straight through and rest up at home so only stopped for gas and food, did get lost around Killdear Ohio at rt.62w and rt.60n for about a 1/2 hr but finally figured out the detours and missing road signs with help of the locals. You are referring to the pain-in-the-*** wiring harness arn't you?? I finally gave up and hired a professional to help me on this one, I'll let you know what the damages are when he's finished $$$ wise.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 07-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

I met a pretty lady that loves motorcycles. Our first date was intended to be a mildly short cruise. But, I showed her the house I grew up in (up in the mountains, that my parents still own,but is unoccupied) the two man made lakes that were flooded rock quarries, the reservoir for a few lower lying towns and then we got ice cream and played mini-golf before hitting a brew pub back in town. She said "Whew, that pretty much blew away the old record of me spending time on a bike." Her longest ride before me was 45 minutes. This weekend was Bike week in town and I heard my friends were going to be cruising around. They own a V-Max and Warrior. Once again I put her on the back of the bike and rode around with my buddies for 10 hours. We started off checking out the local bike shops and rode back to town bar hopping. Switching between one beer and ginger ale; just to be safe! Sometimes the ladies don't care for the scenery; they just close their eyes and rest their helmet against your back. I have 3 ladies wanting rides this week so I guess I'll be busy!
Old 07-11-2004, 03:31 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Sandflea427SS,

I was along for the ride until you...
Quote:
rode back to town bar hopping
and you had someone riding with you?

Personal preference, seen too many friends wiped out by a few drinks.

The wife and I just went for a 7 hour ride through a places called Hirado and Ikitsuki Japan. Its beautiful country riding with lots of long windy roads.

Dutch
Old 07-11-2004, 07:04 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Heres one of those great curves:

Dutch

Last edited by Dutchman; 07-12-2004 at 03:53 AM.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Well, Tazz. You have me beat. Longest time I went was for 6 hours. Including stopping for food and gas. Felt like I'd been riding a horse when I got off. Haven't taken and over nighter since way back in 75 when several of us guys rode over to Indianapolis for the 500 time trials. We used plastic throwed over two bikes to make a tent for the night. Ahhhh! The good'ole days.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

I used to snooze on the back of Chuck's bike on the way out to the cottage. He always knew when I conked out a bit (never all the way) because he could feel the weight of my helmut between his shoulders. Those were good days!!

Chickie.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandflea427SS
Switching between one beer and ginger ale; just to be safe!
It's alright Dutch...You're still with me.......
Let me count the bars.....SIX!!!! And, the bar hopping was from about four until midnight. That's only about a four pack in all eight hours. The first bar was beer and the second bar was the ginger ale. Switching from bar to bar in that order. Sorry if I didn't explain it better. We would stick around each place for an hour and talk to the other patrons and play pool and throw darts. Everytime we got to the beer bar we would grab an appetizer as well. My friend Steven wanted to drink heavier and wanted to find a car or stay in one place, but we kept him cooled off and responsible.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

4Jaw Chick,

My wife nods off everyonce and a while. I always know, its gets very quiet in the mike. The worse time was when we rode the New Jersey Turnpike. Boy, that is the most boring ride I have ever took. I'll go around next time.

Sandflea427SS, I hear ya. Overhere I won't even get in behind the wheel of my car with one drink. Can't afford the ticket, insurance and trouble with my job.

38, I took time in the ride to stop and take pictures, stop for a small bit to eat and such. I am with you, butt sure can get tired on those long rides.

Dutch
Old 07-12-2004, 04:29 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

butt sore just thinking about it. longest stretch i've gone with out stopping is around five hours..... never ridden out of texas. got close. hell, half of any trip i take in the usa, is spent getting out of texas.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.