Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wear Your Seatbelts!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Wear Your Seatbelts!!!

I am sorry to inform you guys that one of my former employees and his girlfriend's lives were ended too soon.

Dustin was a young kid (19), he worked for me for a couple of months last year. His first child was born while he worked for me.

Dustin, and his live in girl friend Amber were riding in a Dodge minivan with Amber's sister and family (7 people in all, including Skylar- 11 months and another 2 year old girl.) Not one person was buckled up and the kids were not in car seats.

Dustin, Amber and Amber's niece perished in the wreck. Skylar is now without parents and he is in critical condition at Wesley hospital in Wichita, KS.

Amber's mom was in my shop this morning giving me funeral details. She teared up so much I didn't know what to do or tell her.

HERE
Is the story.

The van was not torn up that badly, I'll venture to say that I think there might have been no fatalities if seat belts and car seats had been used. Skylar's first birthday is this Saturday.

Buckle Up

Brian