Hot Rod Forum banner

Websites that list wrecked cars for sale?

19K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  autoacresjcl 
#1 ·
I'm in need of an entire car, and around here, junkyards just don't sell them that way. I've tried AutoTrader, the local newspaper classifieds, and even Mustang-specific sites, with no luck. Anyone know of anything I might have missed?

#5 ·
When I was driving a truck, I used to see in the trader papers in Indiana and Michigan, several placed advertise wrecks for sale. Many of them would even sell them with the parts to repair them. Some of them were really good deals if you could do the work yourself. I just couldn't figure out how to buy them and bring them home in the truck with me. I would love to find someplace in this area that had those kinds of deals!

#10 ·
Thanks so much for all the resources! I started digging through the ads tonight, but you came up with so many, I'll have to continue on tomorrow. Thanks again! :thumbup:

Here's the deal. I'm looking for a wrecked 94-95 Mustang GT (coupe or convertible). The car itself can be rolled like 67 times....it's not the body panels I'm after. If you could keep an eye out, I'd sure appreciate it. I found one that had it ALL in NJ.....only prob was they wanted $800 to ship it. :(

#11 ·
Good friend of mine from high school works at his dads junkyard right up the street. They have dealer's licenses and get in at all of the police-seized and wrecked-car auctions. Try to find someone who goes to these and tell them what you're looking for. If you give them a little extra, they'd be happy to get something for you. It's just what they do.:D

Good Luck.

MoocH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.