Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Weekly Fuel injection puzzler #2
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Weekly Fuel injection puzzler #2

lol, bosses car is acting up again. She swears that I "fixed it" last night, but I don't think I did.

So the problem with it is that it had like zero power. Again, I just drove it to see how it felt. It basically accelerated like you had your foot a 1/4 inch on the throttle no matter how hard you pushed the peddal? I rapped it up a couple of times, didn't smell rich or anything. It accelerated very smoothly, just didn't recognize the amount of throttle you had. If you floored it, it would slowly accelerate, hold its shift like its supposed to, but give no throttle. Keep in mind, it started very easily, ran smoothly and well. If I had to guess, I would say the AF ratio was right on the money, computer driven of course.

SO I figure it must be a sensor of some sort. I got under the hood and felt around the throttle linkage to see if maybe a trigger was being held up by the throttle body. I rapped it a couple of times and we went inside to our company function. She said when she drove home the car was all better?

So what's the deal? Throttle position sensor gone bad or something? If that's the case, the trans uses a separate unit (like a kickdown cable) right?

Am I right on the money on this one, or off?

1994 volvo turbo inline 5 cyl.

K