Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - weiand 6-71 blower questions
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 09:48 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplateagain
Thanks again for everyones replies.
I don't have any specs on the c/r, cam, or the bottom end. I know the heads are afr aluminum, so i can probably find a stamping on them to look up what they are.
Iam not looking to go nuts with the pullies, just get a little more low end out of the car as it doesn't produce much until after 3000 rpm. so i can change out the gears from the 456's to 373's or around there.
What is the math that needs to be done after countng the grooves in the pullies?
This is only a street car, its not going to be run down the track, so i would like to be able to stay with 93 octane.
Thanks again for all your help. I will check the pully size and get back to everyone.
Daryl
no prob. I couldnt tell ya what the math is for the pulleys cause i do not know how either. lol. I would think with afr even the baseline would be fine for your set up. I would talk to the blower shop they could give you a ton of info. the c/r is your biggest thing to figure out. I would hope it is at around 8.5-1 to 8-1.