weiand 6-71 blower questions - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 01:55 AM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

A simple place to put the vac/boost fitting would be in the pop off valve cover. It's the thing with the 2 springs on it at either the front or the rear of the manifold. Just measure the height of the springs before you take the plate off. Reinstall them at the same height. This will be a quick and dirty way to install the fitting. You can put it someplace else later on.

My T-350 is set up without a kick down at all. I just manually down shift it if I need it. I still use the modulator however. If I put the shifter in 2nd it will start out in 1st and auto shift up to 2nd depending on how hard I step on it. Easy driving it shifts pretty quick. I just hang 2nd for a while the go to drive. I can manually downshift at any speed practical. My trans is pretty firm. It has a B&M kit in it.

F-Bird... would it not be better to hook the trans modulator up to the carb as normal. The carb will see variable vacuum depending on throttle position. At WOT it is possible there may be a little higher than normal vacuum in the carb however I would think you could adjust the modulator to compensate for this.. I've only run manual trans with all the blowers I have installed so I'm learning here too. I understand the check valve to prevent the boost from getting to the modulator and you will have very high vacuum at part throttle and coast in the manifold with the blower.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 06:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The plugs circled in the pictures are water ports, they are directly over the water jackets in your heads.

Putting the fitting it the pop off valve will work fine, if you don't want to drill and tap your manifold. Take a look at the back of the manifold on the same surface as the pop off valve, there's usually a fitting or two there.

Your tranny shifting issue is due to the govenor, there are kits out there to modify the govenor and prevent early shifts. I like to make mine manual so I lock out the weights on the govenor. Leave the modulator hooked up and hook it up above the blower, that way you don.t need any check valves. You will always have vacuum above the blower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.