Hot Rod Forum banner

Weiand Stealth and Weiand XCELerator intake manifolds...best one??

12K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  runn141 
#1 ·
I am getting an intake manifold for the engine I am building right now.

I want to be different and get a Weiand manifold. Everyone here has Edelbrock. Plus I have heard great things about both those manifolds.

Which one would you guys suggest?

My cam is 2000-6500, going to have 2800 stall converter. If you need any more info, let me know.

P.S. I am looking at the Stealth, model #8016 (Idle to 7000RPMS) and the XCELerator, model #7547 (2000-6500)

[ August 10, 2002: Message edited by: TheZaZ ]</p>

#2 ·
I use the Stealth on my 350. It runs about 99 mph in the 1/4. Like you, I wanted to use something different as well, plus the Weiands are a little cheaper. Here in Canada, a Stealth goes for about $180.00 and an RPM close to $300.00. The Air Gap sells close to $400.00. Go with the Stealth, lots of power and lots of torque. I also have a Action Plus on a stock 350 and like it. I had a performer on a mild 327 and it seems that the Action Plus pulls harder at higher rpms as well. :D

#5 ·
that's what i'm usin on my sbc. but, that's cause i bought it before the air gap rpm came out and HRM's dyno test just loves that air gap. from what i've read it's the only intake to get no matter what your application!!

[ August 14, 2002: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>

#6 ·
Xcelerator............. i had the same combo you have,very good setup. if you use xcelerator be sure and not use the divider plate. i knew a guy who burnt #8 and #1 piston doing that.now my setup liked a 600cfm carb jetted better than a 750cfm. thats just my experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.