Weird Edelbrock carb problem - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 09:06 PM

Last journal entry: A little cancer
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
The exhaust does not have to be loud just because the pipes are large diameter.The engines that make more power will fill the exhaust system more efficiently than a whimpy motor.
ever hear a stock honda civic with a coffee can muffler?
Afraid you misunderstood me. I was referring to how loud his mufflers are in relation to FM 10"s.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang16 View Post
Looked at baffles a few months ago and wasn't sure about them. Any louder than flow master 10's? How loud are your race muffs? 3" I assume?

My Daughter took this video this winter when I was cleaning the garage and pulled the car out!
I have 18 x 3 inch dumps with bell & Wing nut caps, I have the caps off in the film the mufflers sound really good and flow very free! But the sound depends on the engine that's pushing exhaust through them!! They are 2 1/2

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 04-15-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 PM

My Vette also has a red interior. I could not get a perfect match when I recovered the seats.I used a slightly darker red "leather" mine was vinyl. That mini mouse sounds like it has decent heads judging by the depth of the tone at idle.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
My Daughter took this video this winter when I was cleaning the garage and pulled the car out!
I have 18 x 3 inch dumps with bell & Wing nut cap, I have the caps off in the film the mufflers sound really good and flow very free! But the sound depends on the engine that's pushing exhaust through them!! They are 2 1/2

Jester

1977 Corvette - YouTube
Sweet sounds! Bet that thing gets with it! Don't know if the cops would go for it though. Woman cop was looking at my Willys one day, just parked, not running, and said "she'd like to catch it on the street". Told her I'd be leaving in about an hour. hee hee Never seen her again.
Googled bell & Wing nut caps but no luck. Got a pic?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
My Vette also has a red interior. I could not get a perfect match when I recovered the seats.I used a slightly darker red "leather" mine was vinyl. That mini mouse sounds like it has decent heads judging by the depth of the tone at idle.
Early 62 cc 492 LT1s reworked, General Kenetics 597 lift 312 duration anti pump lifters .002 lash 1.5 ratio scorpion rockers 12.5 to 1 forged short skirt Jahns pistons, pink rods, 283 steel crank , 350 4 bolt nodular mains block standard bore. Tall Weiand Tunnel ram Mallory ignition flash stalls at 3500 rpm, gets 6 miles to the gallon 110 octane with 3.73 gears 27 inch tires for street, I have 4.11s and 4.88s when I want to play, the actual static compression is 11 to 1 , heavy half shafts, lightened it almost 400 pounds it weighs about 2950 last time it was at the scale full tank of gas. Me not in it. All Old school all the engine parts I greased and wrapped and put away in 1974 from an old B gas car I had except the block and rocker arms they are new, the car was a total (T boned) I got it for 500 dollars! I got the rare T tops for 30 bucks and put it back together! Its been almost 7 years and its almost ready for paint; the black and white and flames are tinted sealer. to clean it I use a scuff pad LOL I still need door panels too! And cruise it while I still work on it! sucked a pidgin in the scoop last summer LOL what a mess!! The whole project started as just something to throw together and have fun with, with spare parts laying around and swap meet purchases We don't have much in it except for sweat Im looking for a magneto at swap meets now. and good used 10 inch bias belted slicks the radials just don't hook up!!

I want to get rid of the independent rear end and install a straight axle if I live that long or trade it first LOL I hate Vettes I will trade it off for something I like later on. Its fun but my wife and I cant carry any gear or grand kids and its hell getting in and out of when we cruise or go to shows!!!!

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 04-16-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:17 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang16 View Post
Sweet sounds! Bet that thing gets with it! Don't know if the cops would go for it though. Woman cop was looking at my Willys one day, just parked, not running, and said "she'd like to catch it on the street". Told her I'd be leaving in about an hour. hee hee Never seen her again.
Googled bell & Wing nut caps but no luck. Got a pic?
You cant google them I make Them! Look in my journal page 4 at the yellow El Camino there is a good pic of them in my detail booth click on it and enlarge it I made them for that El out of stainless ladles with the handles cut off and chrome acorn nuts Ive been making those dump pipes and caps since high school!

the Vette sounds like a pop corn popper LOL Old school I want to hear Vinnies out of his garage and yours with a clip during your T&T

I tried posting pics but for some reason cant

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 04-16-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:33 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Page 1 of my journal at the top you will see headers with baffles and turn outs I installed on a 383 Mopar ! They are tune able for different sound levels My Vettes at the bottom of page 23

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 04-16-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Is this thread closed???

Jester
Old 04-30-2013, 04:27 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Is this thread closed???

Jester
Guess so. I removed the 1" spacers as suggested and it quit siphoning the gas out of the front carb. Combination of hole in hood for the scoop and front carb setting just right in the air stream.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Jester

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.