Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - weird timing issue
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 bug View Post
Check for correct timing tab and or loc of tab. recheck tdc and make sure dist. is on #1 when piston at tdc.
I stated in my first post how i did that. Piston stop, rotate clock wise, mark balancer, rotate ccw mark balancer and went to the center of these 2 marks. I have my light on the very front cylinder on the crank (driver side front) #6 (next to last on pass side) shows the same thing. When I am at tdc, I take the cap off, the rotor is a good bit ahead of the #1 plug wire. I never did see if it was clear up to 8 but I can check that. Correct me if I'm thinking wrong, but 60* crank rotation is 30* cam and distrubotor rotation. There is 45* distributor rotation between cylinders so the rotor should be almost to the #8 plug.

Maybe I'm thinking too deep into this but I have been fighting this for a year and am out of ideas. I have just been living with it but i'd really like to set my timing at 34*-36* I am going to try my 4th timing light next weekend. I'm out of ideas.