Welcome to our new board! READ THIS FIRST
Welcome to our new board. Please read this post carefully, before doing anything else on this new board.
First of all, thanks for your patience. The board database transfer took a little longer than planned, but it appears to have gone very smoothly -- so now comes the fun part .
Our new board is running on the newest and best bulletin board software available on the net right now. You'll certainly notice some new features -- but most of the normal board functions, like posting new threads or replies, or sending PM's, are mostly the same as our old board.
A few things you'll need to remember as you explore our new board:
1. Please post any questions you may have about the board in the Site Suggestions and Help forum. Not the Hotrodders' Lounge, and certainly not the tech forums. By keeping all the board questions in one forum, it will be easier for people to check and see if their question has already been asked. It also makes it easier for me to handle support questions in an organized manner, so that everyone gets their questions answered quickly and accurately. When you post a question, I'll need as much detail as possible. Your computer and browser info is helpful, as is a link, and if you know how to take a screenshot, even better.
2. Experiment. If you're curious about something -- click it. You're not going to break anything, and even if you somehow manage to do something undesirable, we have multiple backup copies of our board database safely tucked away, just in case.
3. Double-check your PM's. I've checked and double-checked many of the board systems, but I have a strict policy about never looking at anyone's PM's but my own. So please give your PM screen a look, just to make sure everything seems just like you left it. You can do this by clicking on "User CP" at the top-left of your screen. Then, click on "List Messages" on the resulting screen. Let me know if you see anything strange or out of place.
4. Start with the basic board stuff. Make a few simple posts -- you can put your test posts in the Lounge. Then, maybe send a PM or two. Once you're comfortable with the basic functions, you should feel free to explore some of the newer features.
5. New software ALWAYS has bugs. Little errors here and there that we're looking to bring to the surface. Let me know if you spot a bug, so I can eliminate it for everyone, or make a proper report to the software vendors.
6. The new board is not in a finished state right now. We'll be adding in our full list of features as we progress and adjust to the new software. The Journal is currently down, and will need at least a day or two to reload. The board is extremely flexible right now, and nothing's carved in stone. If you notice a certain feature or page of the board that isn't available, just ask about it in the Site Suggestions and Help forum. There are also a couple of features that I'm waiting to release, until everyone is adjusted to the basic features.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hotrodders Guidelines -- READ ME||Jon||Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help||0||06-14-2003 06:07 PM|
|Hotrodders Guidelines -- READ ME||Jon||Suspension - Brakes - Steering||0||06-14-2003 06:03 PM|
|Hotrodders Guidelines -- READ ME||Jon||Electrical||0||06-14-2003 06:01 PM|