Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - weld hood seam 51 chevy truck
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Let's clarify this so someone doesn't make a mistake. You say you did it exactly like Al said but Al said "Weld a Bit 1/2 " or less and then Put a Wet cool rag on it" and your welds look more like a quarter inch at best and you say "I mean the metal around the weld". That is two completely different things the way I read it. Can you clarify?

I have found that if you were to cool the WELD with a wet rag you shrink the metal, the molecules gather when the metal is quinched. This is how you shrink metal when you WANT to shrink metal, you heat it to get the molecules "dancing" around then cool it bringing them closer together shrinking it.

Brian
My tack's are around 1/4'' to 3/8 because I use a hot tack... Now I proved it with pictures of ME doing it... NOT SOMETHING SOMEONE SAID, NOT SOMETHING I READ,,, BUT SOMETHING I DID.... more then once..It work's well.. You can try to pick this a part all you want.... These pictures don't lie..

I just finished a chop top the same way... I just finished my son's bed,, The same way... What more can I say...

I will say this much... If someone is afraid to step out the box,,,

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE ON THE OUT SIDE...
Don't be afraid to mess up... THAT'S HOW YOU LEARN..

Oh.. And if you really would like to know... I have done it the way Al posted... Many times...

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 04-10-2012 at 05:01 PM.