welder help - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 05:49 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

welder help

I needed to change the spool on my lincoln welder -mig pack 100 . When you put the new spool in and thread it through how are you supposed to get the rest of the wire from the previous spool out of the wand? I cant get the new wire loaded through with the remaining old still there and I cant find the owners manual and the lincoln site wont load in my computer. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 05:58 PM

Last photo:

Release the tension on the drive roll and take a pair of pliers grab the wire sticking out of the gun and pull. Should come right out then just start your new wire in the liner, tighten the drive roll and pull the trigger.

Brad
Old 11-14-2006, 06:13 PM

Welder help?

Hi What i can see from your post is that you need help to load new wire. 1- you will need to cut the wire just befor the welders wire spool and before the locking drive wheel.
2- open lock an pull the wire out of gun.
3- now set new wire spool into welder an thread wire between the drive wheels an tension lock
4- now turn on wilders electric an pul the trigger til the wire comes out the end
If i gave you any help fixen your mess good luck now keep sparking
Old 11-14-2006, 08:05 PM

I would remove the tip (inside the end of the gun) and pull the wire out. Those tips are designed to be replacable, so that should be the easiest.
If that doesn't work, try removing the tip and pushing the old wire (where it goes into the drive wheels ) until you can grab it at the tip end.
I have tried removing the liner (what the wire runs through in the cable that goes to the gun ), but never had a lot of success getting it out without damaging the liner.
Good Luck.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:48 AM

Last photo:

If you pull the wire from the roller end DON"T FORGET to snip the burned end of the wire at the tip first. There is usually a ball that has formed from the last weld and if this is pulled into the liner it will cause damage or cause the wire to become stuck so tight you may have to replace the liner (if you manage to get it past the tip). If you pull it from the tip end(recomended) remove the tip first then snip the wire at the roller end before pulling because sometimes there will be a kink in the last inch or so of wire as it came from the spool. This kink is not as bad as the ball that forms on the other end and can usually be pulled through without too much difficulty but it can damage the liner so it should be cut off before removing the wire, bottom line is ALWAYS to snip the end of the wire opposite the end you are pulling from.Always remove the tip before feeding the new wire into the liner because the sharp end of the wire will often snag on the bottom edge of the tip when it reaches it causing the wire to stall which could lead to "birdnesting" if the rollers are tight.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.