Thread: Welder question
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc-Angel View Post
The duty cycle on 110 MIGS is usually 20%, Atleast all the ones I have seen under $500. And Ray, I understand that I need to practice alot before I start building go-karts, I'm not going to just get a welder and build a go-kart immediately and then sell it, I am not going to endanger someones life like that by having inferior welds that could break. You have been a big help Ray, And I thank you for that. It is nice to see a forum where someone can come and ask a question and not get flamed for it. I have had a little welding experience before, My grandfather has a Lincoln 225 stick welder that he taught me how to use, My welds were not the prettiest, But after beating on it with a sledge hammer a couple times, It never came apart. But again thank you all for your help, It is very much appreciated.
Happy to help when I can.

It sounds like you have the right attitude and that in some ways is as important as the equipment your using. This is a great forum, I've learned an immense amount and just hope I can give back.

Now, if your planning on painting these Go Karts, I'd be more than happy to give you any advice I can.

Best wishes

Ray