Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Welding MIG? Flux Core? ARC?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Eager and Willing to Learn

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

yeah The welder I have is a cheapo welder and it does not have a place for gas output It is a harbor freight cheapie it is only like 110 bucks or somthing. I want to start but i just dont feel this is the place to do it. I am going to be welding all summer...My summer is filled with building fences. My GrandFather is going to spend a week teaching me to weld properly and then turn me loose. So i will learn the trade I am sure. A lincoln 110 is my next tool purchase. I have a lot of the rest of the body tools. Welder and a High VOlume air compressor will be about all I am lacking for basic necessities. I Have not decided either way which I am going to do (Farm out, Buy Welder) I am only vocally exploring my options. I have exhausted every means I possibly can to borrow a welder. Everyone is running arc systems around here (farm country). I will definitly keep on updating my situation here. I feel like I am not living up to a true "Hotrodders" standards.