Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Welding MIG? Flux Core? ARC?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 10:56 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

When I could only afford the cheaper 115 volt flux core welder I noticed that even though it had no gas valve it did have a set of plugs that a gas soleniod could be wired into and that the it had a place on the back end of the torch hose to plumb the gas into. Norther tool had a cheap generic conversion kit. The gas valve hooks directly to the cylinder and the wires follow the gas hose into the welder. I was still left with a live wire welder instead of a dead wire welder. I probably could have rigged up a contactor to work off of the same set of plugs but I've stepped up to a 230 volt machine.

When I could only afford the cheaper 115 volt flux core welder I noticed that even though it had no gas valve it did have a set of plugs that a gas soleniod could be wired into and that the it had a place on the back end of the torch hose to plumb the gas into. Norther tool had a cheap generic conversion kit. The gas valve hooks directly to the cylinder and the wires follow the gas hose into the welder. I was still left with a live wire welder instead of a dead wire welder. I probably could have rigged up a contactor to work off of the same set of plugs but I've stepped up to a 230 volt machine.

Last edited by tresi; 04-27-2004 at 10:56 AM.