Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - welding vice grips?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,160 Times in 1,024 Posts
Red, I am stonch (sp?) anti HF, 90% if what they have out and out garbage. The problem is it is a crap shoot. I bought a couple small locking pliers one there one day. One I use every day, the other I tossed in the garbage can the first day I TRIED to use it. It wouldn't even hold it's own weight!

My brother has a very profound staying, "I have never said Damn I wish I would have bought the cheap tool".

Modas, this isn't brain surgery. Just take your time, look at the rocker and see what pliers would be needed to hold it together. Go to the store, see what makes sense. I personally like the little tiny ViceGrips to hold "pinch welds" where you have two pieces of metal welded together right at the edge. Then, "C" clamps for the deeper welds that can't be reached. And listen, there is no reason to buy a thirty five dollar 24" deep ViceGrip for two welds. Use a small self taping screw and then after doing your plug weld remove the screw and weld up the hole.

Brian