Hot Rod Forum banner

Well I got my welder

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Bugs 
#1 ·
Some time ago I posted about buying a new welder and decided on the HTP welder, I finally got my shop dried in with the help of Rob Keller and freinds and then saved up for the big toy, I wanted the Mig2400 but ended up getting the Mig 160, Steve at USAWELDS cut me a hell of a deal on it , we had a problem in getting it delivered(it was 5 days late due to the trucking co.) but I got it anyway and couldn't be happier, it is one fine machine, I couldn't be happier, I also picked up the aluminum welding kit for it so I will trying out something new to me as soon as my son brings me the argon bottle :) You just can't ask for any better folks than the people at HTP,

If not for this forum I most likely would have never have heard about the company , Thanks, Bugs

#2 ·
In all my years of welding I have tried about every machine known to man but never the HTP, from what I have read and been told about them this is my loss. I have heard nothing but good things about these folks and the quality of their products plus after the sale service so I think you probably made a very good choice. :)

#4 ·
Hey Weird B, and Old Red, I am a computer dummy when it comes to posting pictures but since I have joined this fourm I have became close freinds with Rob Keller who is a wizz with the picture posting and also a Hot Rod.com memeber, the very next time he comes over I will see if he will post the pictures for me, he already has pic's of my shop being built(he was a great help too in building it) but not the welder as I just bought it :)

You sure have that right about the people at HTP Red, he (Steve) is tops , there was a small dent in the top of my welder case and he is sending me a new cover even after I told him I really didn't care about it, it isn't all that bad, the shippers must have set something on top of it , he is also going to get my shipping charges sent back to me because of the dent, you just don't see that very often, but he told me to inspect it upon arriveal and if there was anything wrong to please let him know so I did, Yea I think it was a very good purchase Old Red,

Pictures to come soon I hope, :) Bugs

#6 ·
You sure won't regret it if you deal with HTP WB, their welders are a few more dollars than most but like Old Red said, try to find someone to say anything bad about them,,,I have yet to :) When and if you decide to buy a HTP and call them ask for Steve, tell him Don refered you :)

Yea I will start rideing Rob's *** about the pic's , he is a great freind and I am sure he will do it for me, ,,,Right Rob? Bugs :)

#8 ·
I been trying to get Don's wife to do some "sensitivity training" on MY wife so I can get a shop too!! :rolleyes:

Never happen with the Evil old dried up $#*@%^ mother f^#$%erinlaw next door! :evil:

here are some pix i took of the "barn raisin'"

R :thumbup:

Attachments

#9 ·
Minus the foundation instant shop !
in one day .
those guys really busted their arse 's

I was impressed @ how fast it went up & how sturdy it is after done!

Attachments

#11 ·
That looks great! Rob I am going to buy some land so I don't have that neighbor problem. Neighbors are really good for nothing most of the time. One day soon I will be posting pics of my shop that I am going to build. :drool: I like the Idea of the fish fry! Henry can you give me a ride? :D

#12 ·
:) Thanks Rob for the help on the pic's, I met Rob on this forum folks and we have became good freinds, he is a straight up guy, luckily he only lives 50 miles from me and we try to help each other all we can, just like with the building of my shop, he was right there buddy and filled in for me when I fell out, I am proud to call him my freind, :)

Hey Henery, The fish fry sounds good to me, you tell me when and we will make it happen :) I may not be able to weld , machanic, and keep the wife happy but FISH I can handle :)

As you can see in the pic's I did me a knee wall first, I figured I might as well get all I can out of the building , this worked out well, I have head room enough now so later I can put in a loft , I figured I could put my wood working tools in the loft and do the greasey things on the bottom, plus the knee wall is less likely to get dented up by my lawn mower and have you, I think it works good all the way around :mwink:

This type of building that I bought they normally set them on the ground,patio stones, gravel, slabs or what ever, the boy that sold/set this one up for me said it was the first time he had ever done one like this on a knee wall and he really liked it, he took a bunch of pic's of it after it was done and added them to his portfoilio,

We also poured the block cells full of concrete where the anchors went with re-bar comeing out of the footer that is also connected to the steel in the footer, I don't think it will go anywhere, normally they just use a 2 ft. screw in anchor every 6 ft.,(In the sand) I just didn't trust this, not in Florida with all these storms, :(

I don't have a floor in it yet and I lack building the door frames but I will get there one day, it sure is nice like it is, I get tired , at least I can stop ,,,come inside and pick up where I left off the next day, no having to pick up my tools and breaking out the tarps, :)

#13 ·
I put up one like that to park my boat and atv in. Its 18 by 25 and no knee walls. My sides only come half way down....just enough to keep rain from blowing in on everything. The ends are open and I can drive through with my truck and unhook the boat trailer.....I like that.. no backing up. I have a crushed gravel floor in it. I bought it and they put it up for me for $700 total. I could not build a shed that size for that. It works great.

#14 ·
It was a NO-GO

Hi ya Dutch, I tried to post a review up there like you suggested but each time I tried I got an "OOPS" , I am doing something wrong and don't know what, I sure do like that feature on this forum, I can see how it could help a lot of folks when wondering what is the best, :)

Yea Henery , they sell a lot of the ones like you are talking about down our way, I checked into getting one and doubleing up the size and having the sides come all the way to the ground and closeing in the ends but by the time they got through adding this and that to it it was more than what I paid for my shop, and I think according to the boy that got me the shop , that the metal is a different guage, hell he was up on top of mine jumping up and down on the roof while he was screwing it off to show how stout it was :)

He gave me a cut in price to because I have known him since he was 8 years old and also needs some welding done :) So it all worked out, I ended up spending just over $5000.00 for the entire shop , total, blocks ,footer, labor, the works,but like I said I still lack the doors and the floor, so another $1500.00 should finish it off, :)

I need one like you have also to park my boat and truck under, I had one of those cheapy canopy's from HF and was it ever nice ,,,,while it lasted, didn't take but around a month and the tarp fell apart, so I junked it, next one I set up will be one like you have, you can bet on that :)

#15 ·
well it took a trip out to Juniors farm to get some pixs

Well that an a bastard of a squeaky U joint on my truck but we got it out.

Attachments

#17 ·
AND!!
I was there for it maiden voyage! :thumbup:

We drank the champaign before we could bust the bottle on her! :drunk:

Attachments

#19 ·
Thank you Rob Keller

Great pictures Rob, Thanks for posting them for me and thanks for all your help yesterday, it was great to see you again, great guy he is folks, our visit was cut short by a stuborn U-joint that decided to go out on him on the way over but between the two of us we won and got a new one put in,

Yep Weirdbeard, this welder seems to be one well built machine, we really liked the way is welded, it was only the second time that I had a Mig in my hand but it laid down a nice bead for an ole beginner like me, who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks :)

It has the stitch weld and the spot weld settings too, can't wait to see how that works, yesterday we only had a bottle of straight Co2 to weld with and the wind was blowing fairly hard but it still did a fine job, that is a car dolly that we were welding on it the pictures, it had to be reinforoced a bit, then Rob tried it out welding the "R" on the peice of sheet metal, he seemed to like it too, so far ,,,,so good,,, gotta love it :) Bugs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.