Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Well its not a hot rod but its...a Dodge....
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 06:19 PM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Well its not a hot rod but its...a Dodge....

I haven't been into doing body work for almost a decade, but I have just recently started to do it again. My mother wanted her Dodge Daytona painted so I said I would do it for her. The car started off as a regular Daytona with no spoilers or turbo or anything else, just a plain jane. My dad found a 90 ES with a blown motor that had all of the spoilers for $100 so he bought it for parts. I proceeded to take all of the spoilers off of the ES and put them on my moms car, what a job that was. I found some rust in the rear wheel well and cut out some patches and welded them in. I replaced her doors with the ES doors, one of hers was rotted out and the other had a big tear in it were the door hinge bolts up. I replaced the drivers fender and rear bumper facia, what a job that was, ouch. So to shorten this out, I finally have the body work all done, primed and ready to be sanded. I hope to have this evil little beast painted by next Friday. I actually forgot how much I really enjoyed doing this. When I worked in a body shop I hated it with a passion, part of the reason I quit doing body work as a living. When You have to do it for a living it takes all of the fun out of it, I can't wait to get my 73 Mustang going then off to the 66 Comet. I guess I will all keep you posted on my projects and I will put some pictures up of the evil little Daytona soon.