Well..it's official!!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well..it's official!!!

Surgery Tuesday morning. Getting my left shoulder replaced due to degenerative arthritis. Putting in a titanium replacement. Hopefully after this we can get the clubs back out and get back to work on the '62. Never get thru a metal detector after that. Youngest person the doctor has ever replaced a shoulder in. Man it's heck to get old.

Kevin

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Good Luck to yuh, Kev. Where were you in 62? Oh, you were going to work on your 62.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:38 PM
banned

Good luck kev, Surgery on joints is a aaaaaa pain (wow no swears)... Take it easy after, I know it's tempting to get right back at it, but you just make things worse..
Old 07-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

In '62 we were just starting school. That seems like ages ago.

Stone...I can't get right back at it. The arm has to be immobolized for 6 weeks to allow the bone to nit (sp.) to the prosthesis. They remove the ball from the shoulder by cutting it off, ream out the arm bone and insert the prosthesis. I guess it takes about the same time to grow around it to fuse it solid as a broken bone does. After that it is physical therapy time to get the muscle built back up.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:51 PM
banned

Ahh oh contrar you can get right back to it, you end up using the other arm... and then you fall down or something and mess stuff up realllll good. Just like how I wasn't supposed to be able to walk my my leg for a long time... within the week I got angry and threw my crutches across the room and insisted on walking no matter how painful it was.

Oh yeah physio... ARGGGGGG I hated that soo painful, but I konw it's the only reason I can use my leg..

Muscle stimualtors are cool though... LOL I always wanted to stick a muscle stim on my tounge
Old 07-17-2003, 08:42 PM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

MMMMMMMMMM lets see, I had 20 staples in my back from surgery because of 2 ruptured & fractured disc. One week late I was putting a motor in our 40 chevy, YES I had help w/the sheetmetal but I did the motor work. I'll bet $$$$$$$$$$$$ you'll find something to do, even if its something small....joe
Old 07-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Good luck Kevin, take it easy and heal before you attempt anything around the house.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:16 PM
banned

hey too many, didn't you just feel USELESS after your surgery and feel you had to do something??? THE WORST part about sugury though is having to sponge bath yourself. (my mom offered, hopefully only because she cares, but I declined)
Old 07-17-2003, 10:35 PM
Suspended

See, you are degenerate
With all razzing aside, take it all slow. Even when slow is slow.
Best o' luck to ya.........
Old 07-17-2003, 10:39 PM
banned

OH YEAH.... DO NOT ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS ABOUT.... HAVE YOU TAKEN ANY DRUGS??

Those all really bugged me.... HOW MUCH DO YOU DRINK? ARE YOU ON MEDICATION? WHAT ABOUT STREET DRUGS? WHAT ABOUT WEED? ARE YOU SURE? YOU HAVE NEVER DONE STREET DRUGS???

I mean WTF if they need to know they should do a friggen blood test when I'm admitted to the hospital.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:47 PM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally posted by stonedchihuahua
hey too many, didn't you just feel USELESS after your surgery and feel you had to do something???
sorry but when I had my surgery I had been paralyzed on my left side of my body for about a week & was living on heavy doses of drugs that should of put me in a coma, at least thats what the doc & hospital said when I told them EVERYTHING I took to TRY to kill the pain, and just so you know STONED, 4 hours after my surgery I told the doctor I was going to walk & I did before he walked out the door, and you know what I was doing later that week. I never stopped & wont untill my body tells me I cant move anymore

Quote:
THE WORST part about sugury though is having to sponge bath yourself. (my mom offered, hopefully only because she cares, but I declined)
Didnt have that problem, but the wife did it for me anyway & we all know what that'll lead too ...joe

OOOOOOOOOOOO yea one more thing, I really do feel for Kevin & the carp he'll be going through along w/the pain, because after 12 knee surgeries, 2 back surgeries, losing a kidney and getting injections over the last 10yrs in my back, neck & knees, I truely believe I know what the definition of [COLOR=red]PAIN[/COLOR] is...........joe
Old 07-17-2003, 11:05 PM
banned

Thats really gotta suck being paralyzed on one side..... REALLLLY SUCK... I couldn't stand having to hobble place to place and stay sitting.... If I ever go through something like you did I hope they just put me down...

After 2 knee surguries and the second one getting infected, I know it is NEVER FUN, Kev take car of yourself man... TAKE PICTURES TOO... I like to see peoples pictures of surgury... LOL I took pictures of my knee.. If I ever get a scanner I'll post em just for your viewing enjoyment
Old 07-18-2003, 02:53 AM

Last photo:

toomany2count
if it makes you feel any better i broke my pinky once hitting a door. j/k
but i do have an extra kidney. went in to the doctor for something a while back and the doc said i have 3 full functioning kidneys and that he has never even heard of that. i think of it as my life line-- if i am really hurting for money i'll just sell it.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:32 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally posted by akm
toomany2count
if it makes you feel any better i broke my pinky once hitting a door. j/k
but i do have an extra kidney. went in to the doctor for something a while back and the doc said i have 3 full functioning kidneys and that he has never even heard of that. i think of it as my life line-- if i am really hurting for money i'll just sell it.
LOL you are the FUTURE of humans, you have evolved to deal with the salty foods of the modern world OH HAIL superior one!
Old 07-18-2003, 05:54 AM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

Best of luck on your4 surgery Keven. I can not fathom what you are going through as I have never had any surgery although maybe I hould have had knee surgery 30+ years ago and would have saved a lot of pain over the years. Keep the board updated on your progress.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.