Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Well my slick sand night didn't go so slick
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 10:39 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizer
my 2.5 mm gun is practically a cement truck! I really think that stupid in-gun filter was the bottle neck. There's absolutely no reason this stuff shouldn't just fall out of my 2.5 mm cannon. I've been running power to my big air compressor so I haven't got back to shooting more, but it should help now that I'll be giving the gun all the air volume it actually wants as well.

I think this will be my first and only gallon of slick sand, however. It's just insane how hard this stuff sands. If I have to do it again I might try featherfill if it sands better. I think it might be cheaper as well, just doesn't build as much.
Featherfill sands nice. I don't see a problem with how it sands. I see a possible problem with rock chips cause it doesn't have an element of flex like your 2k's. Haven't seen any issues but can imagine it maybe being an issue. So, on my Mustang the front end will get one app of poly and one or two rounds of 2k , just to make me feel better about it.

with that said, we always see our cars 6 months later when we do a free buff job on the car and I haven't once seen a rock chip on any hood. Some are drivers and some are diva cars.