Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Well my slick sand night didn't go so slick
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 07:33 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

that would be a waste of money to fill hail dings with SS and you'd have to apply multiple applications cause it would be too many coats. I personally don't think of poly primers as a way to hide bad bodywork or imperfections. I go about my business in the bodywork stage as if it's getting primed with one coat of lacquer primer. I use it to get a lazer straight finish with less applications of primers. To me, that's the major difference between a 2k and poly. Just one less prime n block session. As a bodytech I started in restoration and started with poly primer, so when I worked at a cheap insurance ran company that wanted to only put one coat of waterbase primer on everything you quickly get a wake up call. That job was a blessing cause it taught me to keep my work extra clean so now when I use the poly it's a cake walk, but I don't think it lends a hand at keeping your body skills polished, that's for sure. In any case, poly primer is not a substitute for filler. It's a primer.