Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Well my slick sand night didn't go so slick
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Oh I believe you. This stuff has quite possibly been the best $90 I've spent on this car in a while. I NEVER would have been able to get it as straight as it is with this stuff. It's amazing. My driver's door is blocked completely flat now. My roof (which looked like a dairy cow) is blocked flat (well half of it), my trunk lid is almost flat, I need to work on it some more. It's really done wonders to that roof. And my hood scoop...well that's the show case today because it was most impressive.

It's a fiberglass part so you are all too familiar with how wavy those are. Everywhere there is a support ribbing underneath you could feel it on the top, and your hand would just go up and down as you ran it over the top. I really thought I was going to have to skim it first, but I wanted to try an experiment with the slick sand. This thing looked TERRIBLE when I sanded the epoxy before shooting the Slick Sand. Low spots galore.

The first two pictures below is after two coats of slick sand and blocked. Still some pretty big lows. The next two pictures are after another 3 coats and blocked as much as I could before I was going to break through. ALL the guidecoat was sanded off and the scoop was completely flat to the hand except for 1 or 2 small spots on each side. I'll probably glaze these but they are shallow. I spent so much time blocking it I don't want to have to block that slick sand off again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2131.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	65636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2132.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	65637   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2144.JPG
Views:	64