Wendy's and the thumb incident - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2005, 06:57 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Wendy's and the thumb incident

When I first heard of it I figured there would be a hell of a lawsuit. Then when the woman dropped the suit I figured something was crooked. Now come to find out it was her deceased aunts finger. Wendys' lost millions, the people that got layed off had financial hardships I suppose. Personally I think the woman should have a few years in jail and be made to at least reimburse people that lost their jobs somehow, then be made to pay so much for the rest of her life to reimburse for all monies lost. What the hell is the matter with people anymore? She has had a past history of sueing others. Maybe just a bullet to the head?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2005, 07:12 AM

Last photo:

I have been on Akins diet as maintenance for years so don't eat at fast food places but when traveling, I do eat at Wendy's (Chile and salad)
Well since this happened I have not been there since.

I HOPE they sue the crap out of her!
I hope she gets jail time also.

I read last night that Wendy's has loss 200 million dollars in sales because of this. Time to set an example!
Old 04-24-2005, 08:39 AM

Last photo:

Public stoning(my favorite), lashing, chop off her thumb, take her makeup away, force her to drive an economy car, force her to watch her suv get crushed, take all her credit away, it's all equally traumatic to modern witches.

Larry
Old 04-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

This one stunk from the git-go. I would have bet money on her being the finger planter from the start. There's too many easy-money sue happy people in the world. Dan
Old 04-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:

Neet trick.. Thing is though, is that maybe she should have had her dead auntie cremated before she pulled a stunt like that. It's pretty shameful when a hamburger outfit's mouthpiece has to get a court order to have a relative of a customer's body exhumed to look for a fingie match.. I mean, after the McDonald's coffee thing and all, I thought Dubya was gonna do something about all these frivolous law suits~
Old 04-25-2005, 06:44 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

This woman did something I though was impossible. She has actually made me feel empathy for a fast food chain.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Rich Lackey

Last journal entry: Rich Lackey is back on Hotrodders!
Last photo:

Only in America...
Old 04-25-2005, 07:24 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Here's a morbid thought.... WOULD YOU chop off uyour Aunts finger? Dead or alive?

This sick chick needs to be made an example of. They're all about Martha or Jocko. She only made a few bucks. And he.... nevermind. No one was cheated. This chick is STEALING BODY PARTS, and trying to defraud.

Larry and I are on the same wavelength. PUBLIC STONING!
Old 04-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

Usually these people don't have the pot or the window. You could sue her til Hell freezes over.

The kind of sentences I like are the ones where the person has to walk around with a sign on them saying they are a cheat..or something equally embarrassing.

Also, isn't there a law about desecrating dead bodies?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Beats pickin' cotton

Last photo:

First clear some things up for me, what people lost their jobs over this?? Second, the McDonalds coffee fine, they were told several times to post on their cups, "Hot Coffee" they didn't comply, so after the umteenth lawsuit,they were made an example of. The lady that won the suit,well she just happened to be the lucky lawsuit at the time and was given more than she asked for.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:43 AM
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich

Last photo:

McDOnalds lawsuit

I agree with CBOY, I actually felt empathy for a fast food chain. I live about 40 miles from the "alledged" wendys, also the wendys by my house has been suffering too. Not that im gonna shed a tear for them, but when something unjust takes away legitimate business, that is wrong.This woman has a history of "lawsuits", she doesnt deserve to be "made an example" of, but she does deserve what ever is coming to her. I said in another post, that Americans think that a "lawsuit" is the Lottery. You have a slip and fall at disneyland or safeway then KACHING! you are gonna be rich!! THe other fact is that some Lawyers dont have "scruples" they will knowlingly particpate in these for the same reason $$.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:58 AM

Last photo:

Common sense. Would you buy coffee if it was not hot? I believe the gene pool needs some clorox. Is there a warning on ice cream or milk shakes not to eat them too fast or you will get a splitting headache? Maybe I could sue for that.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:37 AM

Last photo:

I am curious. at what point does the lawsuit become "frivilous"? is it the "claim" or is it the dollar amount?

If my 81 year old grandma (point of fact the woman involved in the hot coffe incident was 81) slips and falls at mc donalds because they mopped the floor and didnt put out the sign, is that my grandma's fault? I dont think it is. Is it an accident? Yes, but my grandma is 81, so theres a good chance she injured her self. Is my grandma entitled to millions? no, but does she deserve to have her bills covered? YI think so.

Now lets say for a minute that the "finger chili" was real. Is that woman entitled to something? I mean, you bite into chili and get a human finger, thats messed up. sure it was probably an accident. If that happened to you, what would you ask for?

I cant say that sueing a big corporation is automatically frivilous. How about people on amusment park rides, that get killed? Like the ones a few years back that got killed by the pirate ship at disney land. Do you give up you rights to saftey by buying aticket? THese poorly trained teenagers caused these deaths (and their own too.) but doesnt disney land own some of the responsibility? is it frivilous to ask for millions of dollars over the loss of a loved one? how do you value a human life?
Old 04-25-2005, 12:25 PM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Rant time !!! (or Tantrum, depending on how you look at it.....)

Exactly! How do you establish a dollar amount for someone thats not here anymore? Is a million enough? How about a Billion? Its BLOOD MONEY, demanded by the leacherous scum of the earth, with the "I'll teach you!!" mentality. Just one more thing to add to the cost of goods. "The Loser Lottery". grrrrrr No respect for the life lost. Just give me money!

We need to be cognizant of one reality. "Its always someone elses fault." McDonalds mopped the floors. You ask too much of me to LOOK AT WHERE I'M WALKING!! The coffee is too hot. DUhhhhh, lets be sure to put a coffee between our legs and have jr. take off like a *******. But why not use a DRINKHOLDER??? Who's fault is that? McD should countersue for lost revenue.

We need to go back to looking at things RATIONALLY! Is it malicious? If so, BURN EM! Is it done to screw the public? Burn em. Is it some dip*&^% that just learned how to do his job? OK. Do you burn the employer? Or the Employee? Obviously, you go after who has more cash, even though the kid didn't do as he is told. STUPID. Its the jerks that file these lawsuits, that I want to wring their necks. Buy a ATV. No less than 15 separate WARNING stickers.

What happens to being RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF? Its outdated. There's no money in it for the vultures. (Lawyers)
Old 04-25-2005, 12:53 PM

Last photo:

I agree, that you are responsible for yourself. We use the term "accidentl" loosely because to some people accident means "cash pay out".

In my example I sited an 81 year old women. Old people tend to have weaker vision, some are already a "little" slower than younger people. it only takes a few drops to slip and fall on water. Lets say grandma has fallen down at Been Aways Burgers because the floor was wet. Why are they mopping the floors during hours? why not sweep? Are you gonna tell grandma to F* off because she had an accident in your store?

If I run a red light and smash into your car, killing your wife and kids. Are you gonna let it go when I say, "your wife should have seen I was drunk driving and avoided me" or "everyone in town knows I am a bad driver, so you wife should have not been on the road that day". Sorry about your kids, but now that they are dead, so they arent worth anything..I mean thats what it "seems" like you are saying. (no offense intended)

I am not FOR frivilous lawsuits. I just wanna know where the line is drawn. If an employee cuts off his finger into chili and doesnt say anything, yeah maybe thats his fault. but if a finger gets in to the "chili" at the "factory" and it ends up in my plate, it is the Companies fault. after all theres a price that comes with having your name on the door. Yeah there is a small percentage of people out to screw the BIG corporations, but what about legitimate accidents? what about CORPORATE responsibilty?

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.