Went to my first RC drag event today. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Went to my first RC drag event today.

This is some wild stuff guys. If you have never seen an RC car go zero to a hundred and thirty two feet or so in a second and a half and top out at 90 MPH in that 132 feet you are missing something.

The electric cars are faster than the "top fuelers" (40% nitro) dragsters. They are simply on/off they have no "throttle". If you get a chance take the family out to see it, it is really a kick in the head.

International Model Drag racing association (click here)

Brian

P.S., I was not at the photoed event, I got that off their web site.

Last edited by MARTINSR; 08-20-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2006, 05:11 AM
Last photo:

That is pretty cool, but if you really want some fast paced action go to an RC pylon racing event. Or beter yet, go to an event that has some of the turbine powered jet models.

Vince
Old 08-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

I have seen the Jets, they are wild. Excuss my ignorance but when you say "turbane" what exactly is that? The little RC jet I saw had what I would simply call a "Jet" the EXACT same motor design an F-14 or what ever has. It was a JET and not a "ducted fan" kinda "jet" that the old RC planes used. This thing sounded and flew like a friggin F-14!

Brian
Old 08-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Last photo:

Yep, actual turbine jet engines. I have seen the guy fly the F14 you spoke of, he is from Florida I believe. The dedication to detail in that model is mind boggling, accurate right down to the number and size of every rivet. Even the wings fold back in flight. Wingspan is almost 12 feet. Some of these guys that follow the scale jet competition have $20K to $30K tied up in these models. Which IMO is insane considering some kid can be sitting in the sidelines with a rogue transmitter and shoot you out of the sky. One of the reasons I left the hobby.

Vince
Old 08-21-2006, 10:38 AM
big Q

Last photo:

thats cool

but theres no way those little rc dragster will ever give you the feel of power like the real deal when they go full throttle the sound goes bone deep
but glad you had a good time anyway but i just couldnt stand there and watch a dead quite race
just me i guess
Old 08-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!

Last photo:

this thread got me to thinkin why aren't there any fullsize electric drags.
I did a google search and come to find out there are people with electric drag cars. http://www.nedra.com/ they even have a times link (record holders).....see what they ran. The names on the chart, you can click them and it will load a page with a pic of the car that ran that time.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.