Hot Rod Forum banner

We're moving!

851 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Nightfire 
#1 ·
Well today our bank called back and confirmed the morgage on a house we made an offer on. Heres the whole story, it was for sale 5 months ago and we made an offer 5k less than the guy was asking for it. The real estate agent even went down on his commission, so that the seller would get the same amount of money he woulda gotten if someone paid the full price for it, but he declined the offer. Some older dude got it, but now has to go to an old folks home (before even moving in). The oringal owners were still living in the house though cause possesion date was July 1st. They dont want anyone else to come into their house anymore and take a look at it, so the old dude was in a bind. He told the real estate agent to offer it again to the people who showed interest in it last time and so he did. We again made the same offer, 5k less than asking price and got it. I really feel sorry for the old dude since he lost a lot of money through this (transaction costs, real estate agent, the 5k less we paid etc) but WE GOT THE HOUSE!
It's bigger than our current one, has a big driveway with double garage insulated and heated and has a workbench. Big back yard with a garden and a nice deck by the house. I'm so excited! Finally enough room for my own car.

Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations on your new home dude! Be sure to piss off your neighbors one last time before you move, because that half the fun of moving!
Ill probably be moving myself soon, my dad's being offered a really good job down in rockport, tx. Hes going down there this weekend to check it out becuase it seems like one of those to good to be true deals. but if It doesn't work out them Ill be getting my own place.

Brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.