Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wet Sanding and Buffing - Dark and Light
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:30 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfoehrkolb View Post
I have a few projects coming up, one being a bigger $$ situation.

The current set up i use is with a rotary buffer, but my pads are just crap. It's okay for the eco jobs i do, and even with the polishing compound and my least aggressive pad... VERY faint swirl marks are still present in direct sunlight of blacks/dark colors. Not noticeable on lighter colors.

Still though, it bothers me knowing i am putting something subpar simply because of materials being used.

I need some assistance on an entire new set up either with a new rotary, or random, along with pads and compound/polishes etc etc.

I use SPI clear, nason, and chromaclear depending on what the customer wants. I use a rotary buffer, and just crap pads, along with the mothers compounds, polishes, and glaze. (dont have part #s on hand but its in the red bottles)

I would like help as stated above from start to finish of new products. To get swirless/perfect buff jobs on dark colors, and in general.
to not have swirls in my opinion comes down to product line AND cleanliness, as well as technique. I'd say technique is most important.