Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wet Sanding and Buffing - Dark and Light
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster76 View Post
what pads do you use when you buff the cars are you using a wool pad throughout, cotton, micro fiber, foam because to coarse of a pad will cause fine swirl marks on you last stage of buffing hopefully one of these more experienced guys will chime in and help you out because swirl marks are very annoying especially when you have pride in what you do and want every thing you do to come out perfect.
--- I only have 2 type of pads with 1 course and 1 finer... and when i say fine... i could use it for cutting lol.

My buddy gets them from his work... they do the job for free pads... but like i said above... The customer is paying me good money and i just need some product #'s combinations. But yeah... the pads are harbor freight quality and are just trash.

I know it's my pads causing the problem. I never purchased quality pads before, so thats what im trying to figure out. I am not against buying 4-5 pads for all the different stages of compounding, polishing etc.