Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wet Sanding and Buffing - Dark and Light
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
yeah but it evens out cause you will spend A LOT less time buffing.
--- Well the pad size i needed at my brick and motor was 20$ a pad and i needed roughly 10 pads total (2-3 of each)...

I found that kind of ridiculous. So i actually found a griot's garage 6 on sale locally for 80$ (i know right!?) - i went to sears first and they are selling it for 250$...

I found buff n shine pads (from the research i have done, they are who megquires purchases pads through and rebrands them) online for 3-5$ each, and they have entire packs of each one for 30$... So i will just buy 3 complete pack sets, and still use my rotary for the initial compounding and 1st stage of polishing, then i will go from there with the DA and complete the polishing, glazing etc.

I ended up spending around 200$ for a new DA set up, kept my rotary, bought new attachment kits for the rotary so i can use the DA smaller pads 5.5", basically... everything will be interchangeable and i spent around the same amount of money.

i am doing the body work currently on the car, and the engine bay probably tomorrow in my free time. quite excited to get everything in the mail that was needed to order!