Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - wet sanding and saving my finger tips....
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 05:58 PM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I really am not a novice at bodywork, I used to be a bodyman I even went to school 2 years for it. I might be sanding wrong, but it doesn't matter how I sand. My finger tips take a beating, thats what I rembered when I did my 71 Mustang 11 years ago. I knew some old timers who were doing bodywork from 1940s to 70's and they wore tape on there finger tips. Maybe it is just my technique, I never have had any problems with my sanding jobs either so I know I am not sanding wrong. I really don't want to argue about sanding I just wanted to know if I could do something to keep me from messing up my finger tips. I am going to be doing alot of wet sanding here in a few days. I started to do some bodywork again after a 9 year hiatus, my mom wants me to paint her 89 or maybe its a 90 Dodge Daytona. I have most of the work done, I just need to do a prime on it and wet sand it out and hopefully I will be off to the paint booth by next Friday. I will put some pictures up when I get done, even though its a Dodge Daytona. Thank You to everybody for your input on this.