Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wetsanding Clear and Metal Flake on Edge
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 04:44 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Unhappy

As far as I know the metalic Pure gold base is like any other Metalic Base normal metalic. Blending was done over the first and second coat of clear but not in the the final coat of clear. The Wineberry red is translucent base, I'm assuming that because of the sanding between 1st and 2nd applications of clear I shouldn't have to sand through the final coat of (3rd)clear and thus risking any color issues.

I sanded the clears at 400 grit between the first two coats. And it seemed to me that the spots continued to surface with each coat of clear as though the clear flows away from the edge of the metal flake (or point of metal flake explaining the size of the spots
"head of a needle size".

I know this because when I sanded the 1st and 2nd clear coats I hit some of them and they looked like bright silver spots in the translucent Red Base "No Metalic in this coat, only in the Pure Gold. Those areas I re-applied tranclenct Red to cover for the next coat of clear.

[ January 08, 2003: Message edited by: Phillip27 ]</p>