Hot Rod Forum banner

What is this.

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
On the way home from work a few days ago I saw this and just had to stop and take a few pictures.
It seemed to be an rs/ss convertible 4spd car from what I could see. Sounded very nice with open headers but the wheels and tires just need to go.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
ericnova72 said:
Not just mental scars, there are metal scars there too, they have cut the bottom corners of all the wheel openings to clear those "donkey" wheels. What a shame...
I didn't notice that the first time. Time to go hunting...shoot em with a ball of their own sh**. ARRRRGGGG.

#15 ·
It looks like one of those toy cars with the over exaggerated features (blower etc).. what a waste of time and money...

FWIW Matt: interesting fact .. didn't realize the caprice was the only eligible car to be crowned as a "Donk" .. I would bet they mean the Caprice Classic with the V8 not the lame donkey with the V6 haha

matt167 said:
if you talk to the purists who build that 'style' of car ( if you can call it that ).. a Donk applies only to a Caprice...

everything that makes them clear the big wheels/ tires is pretty much bolt on. so it is reversible

#17 ·
I guess this is for all the REAL-donkey lovers out there.
Down here Caprices usually have a yellow "cab" sign, or a blue-light on them.

I wish this one had a cab-sign on it. That's one donkey I wouldn't mind taking a spin on... :D
Stick my head out the window and make "hee-haw hee-haw" sounds.
Yeah...that'd be fun. :mwink:

#18 ·
Back in high school we built some cars kinda like that......they were 4 wheel drive....what a shame...it's one thing to afro engenieer a POS 4 dr caprice its another to do that to classic...get the rope....the suspension is totaly ruined and the sheetmetal along with it. On a good note its most likely a bondod up POS ,up close because no good bodyman would do a resto for someone like that "dope boys" the one's that do that kind of work just pack them up with bondo and put a candy paint on it (sanding optional)....So it wont be around by next year and the owner will most likely be in jail...Too many dollars and not enough sence...See what drugs do...We see lots of them here...poor cars totaled

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.