at what age is a little girl old enough to spank with a belt? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

every child is different and you have to know what works best.

The "Violence!" bull crap is annoying. Many a person got whacked whomped smacked and had a wooden spoon broken over their head *cough* and came out fine. Others came out bad.

I was hit, and yeah I'll be likely to hit my kids if it is what works. If it doesn't then there isn't much point to hitting them now is there? It's abotu what works, abuse and disipline are two very different things.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2007, 03:12 PM

Last photo:

Sound like her momma needs a beating first.

Sounds like a good Friday night project to get both of them in line.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LupinusPectus
"abuse and disipline are two very different things".
You are very right, a spank on the bottom is disipline and beating a four year old with a WEAPON is abuse.

We are talking about a thirty or forty pound little girl with a little bottom that is eight inches wide. We are talking about tiny little hips and bones with very fragile skin. Hitting the child with a WEAPON is CHILD ABUSE and any man who does it is no man in my humble opinion.

Brian
Old 10-22-2007, 10:29 PM

Last photo:

If you love the child, you will not spare them discipline. If you hate your child, let them be.

A belt is NOT a weapon, and it should NOT be used to discipline a four year old. However as they get older and more ornery, you may need to bust out the belt. There was nothing that got me in line quicker then 3 quick whacks. I once a bit a kid at school, and my dad came over from his work to school, paddled my butt, and then went back to work and I went back to class. Bamm, lesson learned, don't bite others, haven't bit anyone since then either.

Last edited by Gladis; 10-22-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:36 PM

Last photo:

There is "discipline" and there is abuse. Using a WEAPON on a child is abuse in my book. So let me ask you, how do you define "abuse"? Would a pool cue over the back be ok? Or how about an electrical cord that leaves welts, is that ok? If not, where do you draw the line?

We are talking about a FOUR YEAR OLD child not a friggin four year old dog!

Brian
Old 10-23-2007, 05:16 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
We are talking about a FOUR YEAR OLD child not a friggin four year old dog!

Brian
In todays society, there seems to be as much concern over that "friggin" dog as the child...............neither deserves abuse.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 AM

Last photo:

You are not kidding! The second I hit "post" I thought about that. Beating ANYTHING with a WEAPON is no way to "train" that is for sure. And there are a lot of people who would want to see the person punished more if they hit the dog than the child!!!! Their thinking would be the dog is not capible of understanding, like a four year old child is?????

Brian
Old 10-23-2007, 08:29 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
You are not kidding! The second I hit "post" I thought about that. Beating ANYTHING with a WEAPON is no way to "train" that is for sure. And there are a lot of people who would want to see the person punished more if they hit the dog than the child!!!! Their thinking would be the dog is not capible of understanding, like a four year old child is?????

Brian
A swat or two on the butt to get their attention that they have done something wrong will never hurt a kid, a stick, belt or other 'device' is a weapon and constitutes child abuse. I do have to admit that there were days that I would have liked to have beaten my son with anything that I could grab - instead I went out and worked on my car, mowed the lawn, weeded the garden or drove nails into wood until I calmed down - then I just yelled at him. Bullheimer's daughter and her kid have some discipline (life) problems, but beatings are not the way to go.

Dave
Old 10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Bonified Mopar Freak

re:

I agree with those that say corporal punishment is for last resort. Never really much cared for the belt, maybe cuz I got the belt when I was a young lad. A paddle is not a weapon if it is to be used for discipline. 1 or 2 good swats with a 5 gallon paint can stir stick and the point is made and the required attention is gotten. IMO kids HAVE to learn to respect their parents. If they don't the kids are gonna run roughshod all over them. I have and will continue to spank my sons as the need arises. But even that is very rare. The sound of "Dad's Sergeant voice" usually does the trick.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SPANKING A KID AND BEATING THE HELL OUT OF THEM. As an adult YOU have to show the personal restraint to explain what the spanking is for BEFORE you do it and then tell the kid that you still love them and hug them when the deed is done even though they may not want to hear it.

Kids don't come with an owner's manual so we do what we do to make sure they grow to be good upstanding members of society.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:22 PM

Last photo:

A spanking never hurt anyone a beating however is a different story.My 2 step kids each got one in their life.However the one made the point they had to mind or else there would be consiquences. Talk once then if they don't listen impose dicipline ranging from grounding to spanking as needed. But I really doubt anything but a smack on the *** of a 4 year old will work.You don't have to waylay em, just the idea you are pissed usually hurts there feelings enough to stop the behavior.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Wow,I had a huge response to this,but this speaks louder than anything anyone can say.I honestly believe that since so many people have taken this"tread softly" approach to disciplining their children,this is part of the outcome and an increasing trend.
Feb. 2, 1996
Moses Lake, Wash. Two students and one teacher killed, one other wounded when 14-year-old Barry Loukaitis opened fire on his algebra class.
Feb. 19, 1997
Bethel, Alaska Principal and one student killed, two others wounded by Evan Ramsey, 16.
Oct. 1, 1997
Pearl, Miss. Two students killed and seven wounded by Luke Woodham, 16, who was also accused of killing his mother. He and his friends were said to be outcasts who worshiped Satan.
Dec. 1, 1997
West Paducah, Ky. Three students killed, five wounded by Michael Carneal, 14, as they participated in a prayer circle at Heath High School.
Dec. 15, 1997
Stamps, Ark. Two students wounded. Colt Todd, 14, was hiding in the woods when he shot the students as they stood in the parking lot.
March 24, 1998
Jonesboro, Ark. Four students and one teacher killed, ten others wounded outside as Westside Middle School emptied during a false fire alarm. Mitchell Johnson, 13, and Andrew Golden, 11, shot at their classmates and teachers from the woods.
April 24, 1998
Edinboro, Pa. One teacher, John Gillette, killed, two students wounded at a dance at James W. Parker Middle School. Andrew Wurst, 14, was charged.
May 19, 1998
Fayetteville, Tenn. One student killed in the parking lot at Lincoln County High School three days before he was to graduate. The victim was dating the ex-girlfriend of his killer, 18-year-old honor student Jacob Davis.
May 21, 1998
Springfield, Ore. Two students killed, 22 others wounded in the cafeteria at Thurston High School by 15-year-old Kip Kinkel. Kinkel had been arrested and released a day earlier for bringing a gun to school. His parents were later found dead at home.
June 15, 1998
Richmond, Va. One teacher and one guidance counselor wounded by a 14-year-old boy in the school hallway.
April 20, 1999
Littleton, Colo. 14 students (including killers) and one teacher killed, 23 others wounded at Columbine High School in the nation's deadliest school shooting. Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, had plotted for a year to kill at least 500 and blow up their school. At the end of their hour-long rampage, they turned their guns on themselves.
April 28, 1999
Taber, Alberta, Canada One student killed, one wounded at W. R. Myers High School in first fatal high school shooting in Canada in 20 years. The suspect, a 14-year-old boy, had dropped out of school after he was severely ostracized by his classmates.
May 20, 1999
Conyers, Ga. Six students injured at Heritage High School by Thomas Solomon, 15, who was reportedly depressed after breaking up with his girlfriend.
Nov. 19, 1999
Deming, N.M. Victor Cordova Jr., 12, shot and killed Araceli Tena, 13, in the lobby of Deming Middle School.
Dec. 6, 1999
Fort Gibson, Okla. Four students wounded as Seth Trickey, 13, opened fire with a 9mm semiautomatic handgun at Fort Gibson Middle School.
Feb. 29, 2000
Mount Morris Township, Mich. Six-year-old Kayla Rolland shot dead at Buell Elementary School near Flint, Mich. The assailant was identified as a six-year-old boy with a .32-caliber handgun.
March 10, 2000
Savannah, Ga. Two students killed by Darrell Ingram, 19, while leaving a dance sponsored by Beach High School.
May 26, 2000
Lake Worth, Fla. One teacher, Barry Grunow, shot and killed at Lake Worth Middle School by Nate Brazill, 13, with .25-caliber semiautomatic pistol on the last day of classes.
Sept. 26, 2000
New Orleans, La. Two students wounded with the same gun during a fight at Woodson Middle School.
Jan. 17, 2001
Baltimore, Md. One student shot and killed in front of Lake Clifton Eastern High School.
March 5, 2001
Santee, Calif. Two killed and 13 wounded by Charles Andrew Williams, 15, firing from a bathroom at Santana High School.
March 7, 2001
Williamsport, Pa. Elizabeth Catherine Bush, 14, wounded student Kimberly Marchese in the cafeteria of Bishop Neumann High School; she was depressed and frequently teased.
March 22, 2001
Granite Hills, Calif. One teacher and three students wounded by Jason Hoffman, 18, at Granite Hills High School. A policeman shot and wounded Hoffman.
March 30, 2001
Gary, Ind. One student killed by Donald R. Burt, Jr., a 17-year-old student who had been expelled from Lew Wallace High School.
Nov. 12, 2001
Caro, Mich. Chris Buschbacher, 17, took two hostages at the Caro Learning Center before killing himself.
Jan. 15, 2002
New York, N.Y. A teenager wounded two students at Martin Luther King Jr. High School.
April 14, 2003
New Orleans, La. One 15-year-old killed, and three students wounded at John McDonogh High School by gunfire from four teenagers (none were students at the school). The motive was gang-related.
April 24, 2003
Red Lion, Pa. James Sheets, 14, killed principal Eugene Segro of Red Lion Area Junior High School before killing himself.
Sept. 24, 2003
Cold Spring, Minn. Two students are killed at Rocori High School by John Jason McLaughlin, 15.
March 21, 2005
Red Lake, Minn. Jeff Weise, 16, killed grandfather and companion, then arrived at school where he killed a teacher, a security guard, 5 students, and finally himself, leaving a total of 10 dead.
Nov. 8, 2005
Jacksboro, Tenn. One 15-year-old shot and killed an assistant principal at Campbell County High School and seriously wounded two other administrators.
Sept. 29, 2006
Cazenovia, Wis. A 15-year-old student shot and killed Weston School principal John Klang.
Jan. 3, 2007
Tacoma, Wash. Douglas Chanthabouly, 18, shot fellow student Samnang Kok, 17, in the hallway of Henry Foss High School.
April 16, 2007
Blacksburg, Va. A 23-year-old Virginia Tech student, Cho Seung-Hui, killed two in a dorm, then killed 30 more 2 hours later in a classroom building. His suicide brought the death toll to 33, making the shooting rampage the most deadly in U.S. history. Fifteen others were wounded.
Sept. 21, 2007
Dover, Del. A Delaware State Univesity Freshman, Loyer D. Brandon, shot and wounded two other Freshman students on the University campus. Brandon is being charged with attempted murder, assault, reckless engagement, as well as a gun charge.
Oct. 10, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio A 14-year-old student at a Cleveland high school, Asa H. Coon, shot and injured two students and two teachers before he shot and killed himself. The victims' injuries were not life-threatening.

You know,I NEVER heard of this happening when I was a kid growing up in the 70's,and if it did happen,it was definently not as common as it has been in the last 25 years.
Bull,if she needs her ***** busted,then so be it.I am not CONDONING beating,but do not let this child walk all over you.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

So.........Beat your children and that stuff would never happen...............Sorry, but that doesn't wash.

There are many things wrong with todays society..................Drugs, guns, bullying are just a few of them..............and they have been around for years.

Quote..."THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SPANKING A KID AND BEATING THE HELL OUT OF THEM. As an adult YOU have to show the personal restraint to explain what the spanking is for BEFORE you do it and then tell the kid that you still love them and hug them when the deed is done even though they may not want to hear it."

Who does the hug help....the child or the adult that just beat them???
Old 10-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

I KNEW that was going to happen.I am not condoning beating.But give me that many instances of violence and kids who are so defying when it was "OK" to punish your kids in other ways than telling Jimmy he can not have his X-Box for a whole week.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Although my girls rarely got a spanking. Has anyone noticed that since people started using the timeout and reasuring method that all the kids have foul mouths, use drugs, backtalk and in general have no respect .
Seems to work better by beatin the rears sometimes. HG
Old 10-23-2007, 08:06 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCastle

You know,I NEVER heard of this happening when I was a kid growing up in the 70's,and if it did happen,it was definently not as common as it has been in the last 25 years.
Bull,if she needs her ***** busted,then so be it.I am not CONDONING beating,but do not let this child walk all over you.
LOL, that is ludicrous to think that the lack of spanking caused the list of crimes you posted!

It could have just as well been Starbucks or Monster Truck races, they wern't around back then either!

I am not saying not to disipline your children. I am saying if you need a WEAPON to beat your child into subission, you have FAILED as a parent.

Brian
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.