at what age is a little girl old enough to spank with a belt? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 10:57 AM

Last journal entry: My 1962 Falcon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

re: at what age is a little girl old enough to spank with a belt?

I dont have an answer for you on this one, but no belts, thats for sure. My dad beat my mom and us kids bad growing up, and i mean bad. Broken bones, black eyes, you name it i had it. But it never made me a bad parent. I get tired of kids using this as an excuse because they had bad parents. I went through it for 16 years till my dad died, but it did not make me a child or wife beater. In fact i have never hit my wife, and never had to spank my kids. I took away some of there best things they liked, or made them stay in the house with no friends for two weeks, and other things like that and they got the message real fast. I never even raised my voice to my wife and kids. If you cant control her then get some help, but dont whip them. This is how i feel. Good luck.

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwood
I dont have an answer for you on this one, but no belts, thats for sure. My dad beat my mom and us kids bad growing up, and i mean bad. Broken bones, black eyes, you name it i had it. But it never made me a bad parent. I get tired of kids using this as an excuse because they had bad parents. I went through it for 16 years till my dad died, but it did not make me a child or wife beater. In fact i have never hit my wife, and never had to spank my kids. I took away some of there best things they liked, or made them stay in the house with no friends for two weeks, and other things like that and they got the message real fast. I never even raised my voice to my wife and kids. If you cant control her then get some help, but dont whip them. This is how i feel. Good luck.
That is bad news Wood.I forget about my times with the same situation.My step dad at the time was the same way.Beat me more than my younger brother but that was fine.Smacked my mom around a bit too.Things got ugly and more than one male in my family got things straightened out plus him out of the picture.
Good advice though,especially from someone who has lived it.
I still believe in the belt if needed,just not to beat the hell out of someone.A scare tactic is what it is mostly.
My kids are not remotely scared of my wife,and they were real wild for awhile since I worked nights for 11 years.Now that I am on days,the problems have done a 180,plus a man with a certain type of angry voice can make even the toughest boy quiver his lips.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:40 PM

Last photo:

[QUOTE=bullheimer]wow!

Brian, your argument that i should use my hand because it's not a weapon, doesn't make any sense to me because i have a black belt in Kenpo. but even if i wasn't, a hand can be closed or open, and nobody here will tell you that a FIST is NOT a weapon, but even so, i think you said open hand. if you want to call a belt a weapon, and also a stick, that is your prerogative. i asked you for your opinion, and you gave it and i thank you for it!

================================================== =====

Hands a weapon? Please!
If you are a black-belt and did not just buy the belt at Walmart on sale, your hands are not a weapon, as you should be able to have enough control to slap the kid across the face twice and not leave a mark or hurt her.
If you are a black belt, you just answered your own question because you could do two smacks on the rear with your hand and not leave a mark or hurt her and with a kid that young the threat and consistancy is all they need.

Bad kids are results of bad parents and parents the kid does not have any repect for.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I thought that these Martial Arts are more about mental discipline that physical violence.......................seems ro me someone doesn't deserve that black belt.

Take a lesson, Grasshopper............................
Old 10-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
[

Bad kids are results of bad parents and parents the kid does not have any repect for.
Just my 2 cents worth.
And that is an opinion held by many. Too bad you don't hear that from someone who had some good kids and then had the misfortune of trying to raise a kid who just feels it necessary to be errant..

I'll go for the no repect part,(I know what repect is, ah wants it, but don't get it awl tha time. )

But the "bad parents= bad kids"?

So what happens in the case of 3 or 4 kids being raised by the same parents, in the same house, concurrently, and only one turning bad? The twins were my case in point on that other thread. Same house, same parents, 3 good kids out of the 4, yet one of the twins spun out hard...and stayed that way until today, she is 53 years old and weird as a 9 dollar bill, still having outbursts when she doesn't get her way.

I guess the parents just act badly towards that one kid, huh.
Or maybe they should have devote ALL of their time to that one extra needy child, giving into their every demand just praying that child may not turn out badly if they do.

Uh-huh.

Where does that leave the other 2 or 3 kids in the family?

I wonder how much respect the other kids would have for their parents then?

Just my opinion...worth every cent of what you paid.

Mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 10-28-2007, 05:00 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
I thought that these Martial Arts are more about mental discipline that physical violence.......................seems ro me someone doesn't deserve that black belt.

Take a lesson, Grasshopper............................
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Its bullsh+t. Doubt he is.
Something I learned long ago if you were or are, a Seal, Ranger or an advanced Black Belt, the only people that will know is your relatives or your closest friends. You never announce it, period unless you are a total idiot.

There is a guy on the paint forum that has been on a couple of years that is a multi degree belt and tours the "Tough man contests" bet I'm the only one that knows on here and only because we are friends and there is no reason for him to announce it as his ego is just fine and has a couple of great young kids also.
"I guess the parents just act badly towards that one kid, huh" Mikey
----------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps you should spend less time in the refrigerator and on here and more time with her?
I know if my kids were still home I would not be on here now.
Just my 2 cents as I really don't care.

Last edited by BarryK; 10-28-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK

Perhaps you should spend less time in the refrigerator and on here and more time with her?
I know if my kids were still home I would not be on here now.
Just my 2 cents as I really don't care.
Don't care, but still posting, eh?

This thread was full of posters very respectful of each other's opinions,,,But wait! BarryK showed up!

And keeping true to form, talking smack like the true know it all windbag that you are. But I know you have every right to be impaired. It happens to alot of guys who have sniffed as much paint as you.

Go on, send me some more PM's now with your grade school taunts and name calling...I've heard that is your standard tact, seen it myself a couple of times, and wouldn't want to be left out. Besides, I need some more laughs.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 10-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Shuttin' this "Sucka" down again.................before it gets out of hand.........

I think it has run its course.............................with nothing really resolved.............everyone is going to have their own opinion, which really isn't going to change, no matter what is said.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.