Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - at what age is a little girl old enough to spank with a belt?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

It is clear to me that some kids respond better to the P.C. kind of stuff that they show on TV. Mine never did.

I do envy people who can get through to their young children by merely talking to them.

I remember sending my daughter to a Montessori school. She had been kicked out of about 5 or 6 other reputable, state licensed and highly recommended daycare centers.
I remember telling the director that she was a handfull and I made every effort to give a complete history...Well that director said that no child was unable to respond to the time tested methods of Mme Montessori.....

Sarah lasted 2 weeks there , the director asked us to take our business elsewhere. She felt so sorry for us that they refunded all of our deposit and tuition.

Don't think for 1 second that we didn't try all of the non violent, positive guidance methods that we were taught in our parenting classes and read in our child guidance books and magazine articles we read..

In the end, it is how well your kid will listen to reason. Mine were mostly unable to respond to time outs, heart to heart talks, essay writing, reward trips to great america, toys, pony rides, ice cream and candy, chucky cheese and all of that.

My oldest daughter didn't stop having tantrums at the first sign she wasn't getting her way until she was 12 years old. Some days she would spend half the day with her nose in the corner. Add to that the stealing and lying that she did and it was obvious that she needed a bit more.

You can send your kid back ,and back and back and back until doomsday and get no effect after a few years of that BS you will smack them on the backside and get a positive result and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

I won't win father of the year, but the 2 kids that did get spanked will do anything for us, while our youngest refuses to do anything without arguing and cussing and generally being self destructive and angry at the world.

I certainly won't say that a father taking out his frustrations on the kid is the same as well defined and evenly applied discipline, but each kid is different. I Feel for you Brian, my dad was a Marine, and I know that it was a ***** getting walloped by him when I deserved it. I can't imagine how it feels to get whipped without doing anything to deserve it.
I never spanked my kids when I was having a bad day.

My kids always had numerous chances to avoid a spanking, and they always knew when they went so far over the line that they were going to get one.

Maybe Bullheimer needs to beat the adult stepdaughter some in front of the 4 year old. That might put some fear in to the little hellion.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example