Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is applied when a 4L60 is in reverse
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 08:51 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I haven't built a box in 25 years. ( I was a Mopar line mechanic at a dealership years ago ) I see there are a ton of parts out there for the 4L60. I have a deep pan and a cooler. I was thinking about the corvette servo. The 9 plate 3/4 pack and the line pressure increase orifice. Last but not least the S10 converter which should give me just a little more stall speed.

Its not a race car but it does have a very healthy 350 in it. I do tow a small trailer with it. maybe 2000 lbs tops. I do like to do a burn out with it once a year at our van club truck in.

Is there anything else I should beef up for a solid rebuild. Should I go for the wide bands and drums along with the good spraug. Where do you draw the line ?

One thing that strikes me odd is that low gear aka manual 1 is solid as a rock. Could the one way clutch be an issue. I wasn't leaning that way because a very slight delay started about 2 months ago. I have to assume it is a hydraulic issue.

Thanks billy

Last edited by Billvill; 05-22-2007 at 08:57 AM.