Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is applied when a 4L60 is in reverse
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 08:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Its a 93 4L60E If I accelerate enough backing up my driveway where the rpm comes up raising line pressure I can nail it and there is no shudder. Leads me to think it is a hydraulic issue. I will do the manual shift down test tomorrow. I ran it on a 600 mile trip last week. Before I did . I did a filter and a deep pan. It has about 130K on it and had nothing real ugly in the pan. I had a "corvette servo" on the shelf for about a year and installed it also. That was a waste of my time in that the servo in the box was exactly the same size.

My son in law was backing it up the other day with a trailer on it to move a few things around. He isn't aware there is a problem ( he never drives my van ) anyway he hit it hard in reverse and it spun the tires. Go figure.

I have a core coming and I am going to build one. I would appreciate imput about what goodies to install.

ps: that 600 mile trip was my first highway run with 3.73 gears in the van. That gear and the box in OD is an absolute perfect cruiser @ 70 mph.

Last edited by Billvill; 06-09-2007 at 08:26 PM.