Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What is the best method to treat surface rust in doors
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 AM

Last journal entry: Por 15
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
I almost forgot...Heres what I was talking about when we were talking about cutting the inner door so you can gain accessto the back side of the skin..It just so happens I was doing this today to make installing my power locks and windows..
So I started by marking a line through the middle of the door panel holes but first I drilled them out to 5/16 so I could put a few bolts in the holes ,it makes cutting easier and when it comes to temporily putting it back on to see how everything works before you start welding...when the time comes to weld it back on it'll be exactly where it was before you started cutting..it just makes EVERYTHING much easier...
Once the piece is cut and out you can still see the bolts all you do is slip the piece back in and give the nut a turn to hold it tight....You want to be carefull not to cut the hinge supports...That would be bad...I started cutting at the holes then put some bolts in right awayso the piece would stay in place when all the cutting was done and not fall on the floor or most likely my foot..
I stated in my original post and in other post of this thread that I have cut the sheetmetal that holds the door panel to the door. That is easy, however there are still a bunch of areas that I am not able to clean. Your door is much simpler than my door for some reason???
The Following User Says Thank You to Riot Racing For This Useful Post:
stude283 (07-19-2012)