Hot Rod Forum banner

What is the best way to go about achieving a 4-6" narrower rear end in a '94 GMC Sub

745 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  molten_metal 
#1 · (Edited)
What is the best way to go about achieving a 4-6" narrower rear end in a '94 GMC Sub

Hello All!

I am an automotive (mainly custom v-twin) custom painter and am currently building this Suburban as my run around shop truck. I am trying to achieve a fairly basic hotrod stance and want it to be very driveable....that being said i like a low, raked stance.

I would like to have a 4-6" narrower rear end (currently the stock drum to drum width is 57") in my '94 GMC Suburban. My Suburban has been lowered 7" and may end up coming down even more with a 4 link airbag and a bigger custom c-notch setup. I want to achieve the nice deep dish look on a new set of custom built 24" Raceline wheels and i am unsure if i should narrow the dif first or order the wheels i want with the back spacing i want and then go about figuring out the proper length of the rear end or vice versa? Which rear end do you recommend i start with? Also on the wish list for my rear end is disc brakes.....anyone on here with solid tech advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.