Hot Rod Forum banner

What is the best way to pull and drop a motor

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  timothale 
#1 ·
I just spent most of my day today trying to line up my buddy's 350 with his tranny and then doing the motor mounts. I bought his old motor to use until I can rebuild my 383. Now that we finished his motor I can pull my 383 and put in the 307 i got from him. My 383 is ready to pull and the 307 is ready to drop in. Any good advice on how I can make the install as easy as possible?

#4 ·
how many changes

Back in the day when my brother was racing a lot we had holes cut in the firewall for belhousing bolt access. Pull out the seat and carpet, break loose the bolts then use a speed wrench, pull out one bolt and when the engine moved foreward tie up the bell to the firewall, we had a 2 x 4 cut to fit under the back of the trans to hold it up to pull the trans mount bolts if it was coming out, then use the jack. the 2 x 4 gave easy access for all the bolts to get the crosmembe out, and we used brass exhaust nuts on the studs,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.