Hot Rod Forum banner

what cam/intake combo, rebuilding chevy 350 30 over

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cool rockin daddy 
#1 ·
I have a 350 30 over. Its already built up, but wanted to get a little more out of it. I bought the car with the motor already build, but this winter im going to be putting aluminum roller rockers, new hyd. roller cam, new intake, and probably new pistions (ofcourse all new bearings...etc.). But i just need a good cam and intake combo. The rear end has 4.10 gears and the tranny is muncie 4 speed m22. Not quite sure what size the heads are, but i do know that they are build up and are cast heads. I was thinking of a cam and intake combo around the 2500 or 3000 and up rpm range. i was told that it makes about 400hp or a little more at the wheels and has around 10.1 compression. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also i would be running it on pump gas and might go for aluminum heads(budget problem). Basically i want to get as much horsepower as possible without out nitrous or forced induction. thanks alot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.