Hot Rod Forum banner

what can I do with code P1860

14K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Crosley 
#1 ·
What do I need to do to my Trans? It is giving me code P1860 could this be the vacuum modular? or not

#5 ·
gmefixit said:
I have 97 Venture and I am have trouble code P1860 what can cause this code?
gmefixit; Welcome to Hotrodders.com

I merged your two threads into one here.

What is the mileage on this trans?

There are several areas of the trans that can cause a code like this.

Valve body PWM circuit wear is common, Wear on the stator bushings and the converter lock up clutch material may be deteriorated causing excessive slippage the PCM is reading

:pimp:

#12 ·
Mine is, too. I hear it's pretty easy to do, though. Drop the pan, pull one of the other solenoids to get to the TCC solenoid, disconnect the wiring to the TCC solenoid, replace it, then reverse this procedure. This isn't the exact procedure, but it gives you an idea.

You also have to check the wiring going to the TCC solenoid as well as I guess this can sometimes be the cause of the issue. Along with this, you can actually buy the solenoid one of two ways: with or without the wiring harness. Without was about $8, with was about $40. I guess the harness is pretty easy to replace as well.

Since you'd be dropping the tranny pan to do this, might as well buy some fluid and a filter kit and replace those while you're at it.

#14 ·
I apologise , the code 1870 was in my mind since I see that code so often this year. p1860 is a more wide capture code of solenoid problems. Often the PCS is looked at for p1860, but the TCC solenoid can be at fault too, some trouble shooting will point to the pressure manifold.

Depending on mileage of the transmission, you may want to replace the soleniods and pressure manifold on the v-body.

Has the vehicle been turing on the warning lite for over heated transmission?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.