Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What carb do I need for SBC?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm not even gonna try to talk you into a Holley spinn, as I know you can never talk me into a Qjet or a Edelbrock. A Holley is not the first carb I grew to know and love, but it's the one I've learned to like best, and I've had great performance with them on daily drivers, or performance cars.
After many years of using a Holley on my 427 Camaro for both street and strip, I literally wore it out. I decided to give the edelbrock another try, as I hadn't used one in years. I suffered with poor performance in stop and go driving, and even worse when trying to merge on freeway ramps. I bought everything edelbrock reccommended to get it to work right, and eventually got them to replace it. Next one was the same issues. I suffered through several months of trying to get it to perform and finally tossed it and bought another 750 Holley with vacuum secondaries like I had before. Bolted it on and never touched it. That was in 1999, and the '71 is still running great today.
There's nothing you can say that will get me to change from Holleys.