Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What carb do I need for SBC?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 04:51 AM
It's Madness, They are all Mad

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChevyFTW View Post
if you use a simple math formula. it says to use a 500cfm carb for a street driving application and a "650 for all out racing
That is NOT the whole formula. Go to edelbrocks website. Do not care if you use their carb or not. Educate yourself to the cfm needs of a engine. Look at the 5 basic catagories of engine build.

-For maximum performance, select a carburetor that is rated higher than the engine CFM requirement. Use 110% to 130% higher on single-plane manifolds. For dual-plane manifolds use 120% to 150% higher .

That is why 750cfm Qjets are on 305s.

My 305 cam stock with a 750 q jet. It is awesome. Read cliffs book on tuning them . They will not disapoint.

BB71, wore it out ? My edelbrock is 10+ years old and like new. You are doing something wrong if it wears out in 10 years. Not for performance, better rethink that addice. Edelbrock has been researching their performance products longer than you have.

Check my dyno sheet in my photos. That is a 440 RPM with 750 cfm package making 500+ hp in a 71 cuda. I call that performance wouldnt you?