Hot Rod Forum banner

What cars you got ?

9K views 56 replies 30 participants last post by  gordini 
#1 ·
Just curious I guess. Does your house have a brand loyalty? How many ponies in your stable?

I have many years with my vehicles , and haven't bought something new in a long time. Have accumulated 3 , not to brag. All different. Each one has been rebuilt. They are so awesome , it would be hard to sell any. These makes should be legendary for their longevity. Not to mention style.

96 Acura integra
71 Plymouth cuda
85 Chevrolet C10

What is in your roster?

#2 ·
hi there.. we are primarily ford, but our toys are all the big 3.
daily drivers are an 06 town and country ans a 00 f150.
toys are, oldest to newest:
58 chevy tow truck
64 chrysler imperial
73 gran torino sport
and 77 f250 hiboy
between kids and cars i stay broke lol

#8 ·
Brand loyalty? Yup, I have a Ford, GM (Chevy, Buick), Dodge, Studebaker, Hudson, brand loyalty. Sold the three AMC's.

Daily drivers are

08 Lincoln Continental
98 Dodge 1500 ext cab.
96 Dakota ext cab
98 Blazer
96 Mazda (Ranger) pu

Good weather cars

23 T bucket
65 Chevy sb step
71 Opel GT
90 S-10 shortbed 406/350 turbo

Projects in progress

47 Hudson B-coupe
50 Stude 1/2 ton
59 Stude (Gasser)

Waiting projects

27 T bucket
29 Stude Victoria Coupe
36 Hudson sedan (re-do)
40 Stude Champion
48 Dodge B-coupe (re-do)
48 Ford B-coupe
65 Ford step shorty

+ 16 various assorted parts cars for the above, too good to scrap.

Sorry for long post. Just setting on the couch being bored tonight.

#11 ·
1938 Master Deluxe coupe...street rod
1952 Chev 6400 2 ton flat bed
1966 Chevelle SS 396 with 454/4speed
1967 GTO 4 speed...for sale
1967 Camaro ss/rs 350
1969 GMC K10...for sale
1970 Chevelle SS 396
1992 Peterbilt 379 work truck...for sale
2000 K1500 extended cab
2000 Springer Softail
2008 HHR (DD)

Only the GTO and 70 Chevelle are not drivable.

Also have a 1979 Glastron boat and 2 snowmobiles

SHEESE, I got too much stuff !!!!

#12 ·
1948 Chevy pickup model kit scattered around the property.
1959 Rambler daily driver
1965 Buick Gran Sport Conv sunny day car.
2003 Dodge Caravan family car.

Brian

#13 ·
Where to start.

AMC Runners
68 AMX 290...done
69 AMX 390 4 speed...survivor under 40,000 original miles...I will never touch this car to restore it...it doesn't need it
70 AMX 360 4 speed...done but the paint should be freshened up along with the interior (I have the parts).
68 Rebel 343 4 speed...needs work but runs and will be done...(I bought it for a parts car for the Machine but it's to good to part out...I know, that's how it always starts)
70 Machine 4 speed...work in progress, mostly apart, almost rust free car except for surface rust where the factory paint got thin over the years.
70 Javelin 360 auto...in primer but should be redone...just in primer for to many years.
71 Gremlin X 401 4 speed...runs but needs a bunch of work to get the 401 to hook up.

A bunch of parts cars (about 7...when I say about 7, I say that because 2 of them have been used real good for parts for the 68 and 70 AMX) for the AMC's that could and should be done...lots of extra parts...see Brian's thread "are you a hoarder, come on admit it".

72 Chevelle 350 auto runs, needs body work paint and interior (rust repair done)
59 Corvette 283 numbers matching...will be a frame off restoration and should be the next one I finish for myself...it's all there
70 Road Runner convertible, 383 4 speed...should really be a parts car, lots of rust...no floor to speak of
72 Demon 340 auto...really clean car but somebody replaced the rear quarters and did it wrong. They used full factory quarters and the welds on the C pillar are bubbling...and a real poor job in the door jambs. I've been following Mike's (Deadbodyman) thread on what he's doing with the rockers on his IROC and I know that's what I should do...and will do but, would like to get the Corvette done while I'm still young enough. That's the last car that I told my wife I was going to buy...I'm pretty sure she married a liar...LOL

Daily Drivers
94 Eldorado 4.6 Northsta ETC...Wife's car, I'm not allowed to drive it much...just repair it.
02 Eldorado 4.6 Northstar ETC...My car, wife's not allowed to drive it...*** for tat.
92 GMC shop truck...5.7...beat up pretty good, high miles but, runs well and still strong enough to haul my mother in-law to her Doctor's appointments...if I put the tail gate down.

The damn thing is, I moved out East and it was supposed to be for a good time, not a long time and the majority of my collection is still out West in storage at a buddy's place where he has lots of room, temperature controled and looks after them real well. I have managed to bring a few of the AMC where I'm located now and I'm finding that my little shop gets smaller and smaller, especially in Winter. In Summer the wife doesn't mind parking outside as long as my car stays outside as well....*** for tat thing again but the 68 and 69 AMX get to sit in the garage and that frees up two stalls in the shop, the 70 AMX stays in the shop.

This collection started happening in 1991, that's when I bought the 69 AMX. I picked it up at an estate sale at a very reasonable price and it was either the AMX or a 68, 427 Impala convertible. I've had the car for 22 years and have put about 500 miles on it...I'd love to drive it more but I want to keep the mileage under 40K. Then I ran into a great deal on the 68 so I had to have that one and seeing that I was only missing (as far as two seater's go) the 70 AMX, it was a must have and picked it up for a steal as a father son project (I traded two computers for the car and drove it home)...my son needed funds for a career move and sold me his share of the car (Now he has a 70 Cuda that we are going to resume the father son thing on). Those are the ones I have with me now and God willing I will need to ship them back out West in the near future so I can reunite these with the others. That would mean moving a customer's car back out West with me but, that's where he's from and would welcome the move.

So, cars that run, drive and have road insurance on, there are 6...the rest are waiting to either get done and driven, or when and if I make the move out West, find a good home for a few of them, like the 70 Javelin, 70 Road Runner (that one I don't know if I should have even included but they are cool cars when they're done), 68 Rebel and the 71 Gremlin X. I would love to keep them all and still may but I have to be realistic. I'm a young 57 years old, I do about 1 or 2 customer cars per year. If I finished all of my project cars and still worked on customer's cars...I'd probably need to live to the ripe old age of 95...by then I think my reaction time may have slowed down somewhat and I'd need to get somebody else to run them at the track...all I could do then is look at them and that's only half the fun...LOL.

Has there ever been a thread that asks people about cars that they sold years ago and wish they hadn't? I think there was something like that a few months ago but maybe it should be brought back. I know that the list of what I had and and sold would be a lot longer than this one.

Sorry for the long post but, I'm expecting a call from a buddy in Europe and I had some time before it's 9 AM out there.

Best Regards guys
Ray

#14 ·
Some of you guys have nice collections! (Ray, I'm jealous)
Since fall I have been liquidating as I'm no longer going to restore, buy or sell that, I have done all my life, time to retire!

We believe in interbreeding, so the mix is mixed up, what is left.

57 T-bird owned since 92 never will sell.
2011 vette convert 3000 miles including the 800 driving home from dealer, never will sell.

Daily drivers that could be here one day and gone the next as no emotional ties.
Mine, 2012 F250 4x4
Wifs, 2012 Infinity SUV.

#15 ·
No need to be jealous Barry...the only ones that I would say look good are the AMX's...the rest are in need of work or complete restorations.

I know what you mean about real emotional ties...I'm emotionally attached to the 3 AMX's and the Corvette...the other ones, I like them, I want them done but, they aren't a major priority. My wife on the other hand is emotionally attached to her Eldorado...because I painted it to match her favorite shoes and purse...LOL.

Ray

#23 ·
I have had 7- 58 vettes, and if the weird part of me comes through, I like the 58 better then the 57, that is everyone else s favorite, although I have had 3 -57's, the 58-62 is number one with me.

Never had an amx although years ago I had one whip me in a Ram air 3 firebird and that did get my attention, did try and buy a nice one about 5 years ago but we were about $12000 apart on the money thing, so did not work out.

This is tough selling out my collectors as over the years I normally could do two frame offs a year after work and weekends with the corvettes.

Now I find myself wanting to bring something else home and actually stupped so low as to try and justify a Volks wagon last week, wife said it must be time to pick out a nursing home, so we scratched that idea.
Now I know how a drug user feels, trying to break the habit.

All I want to do now is drive on the nice weekends and maintain the cars i have, well once I get done painting the neighbors vette, that i promised to do.

#25 · (Edited)
yup bought it in 2004... in maine, a state trooper bought it from dales dealership and never titled it in maine.. no idea why.. but it had 8700 miles when I bought it..
other than the dealership that originally sold it.. it's nothing special just a loaded 86 with no t tops(thank god) and zero rust.. and I plan on keeping it what way..

#34 ·
You scared me when I saw that in your list. I thought themdeal might have fallen apart.

I have nothing exciting:

Wife's '04 Jaquar S type V8 6 speed with 74K miles on it.
Family '06 Montana van

'36 Ford Roadster (all steel)
'53 Chevy BelAir convertible project car

John

#31 ·
1 02 Malibu DD
1 87 Trans Am WS6
1 06 Rav-4 (GF's DD)
1 76 Paceship PY26 26' sailboat
2 74 Motoski Futura (295cc fanners - for the family and neighborhood kids to beat on)
1 71 Polaris TX 440 f-a (Dads since new - undergoing restoration)
1 89 Arctic Cat Cougar AFS 530cc fanner (first trail sled we had new, sits in shed)
1 71 Rickman Metisse 125cc Zundapp (dads old dirtbike, a quirky mix of german and british parts)
1 73 Arctic Cat Z-340 clone - show sled
1 05 Arctic Cat Z 570 (Daily Bomber)
1 04 Polaris Edge 600 Touring luxobarge (mom and dads cruiser or for me and the GF)
1 1946 John Deere Model 'B'
1 1947 Willys Jeep CJ2a
1 1976 JD 2440 Diesel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.