Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - what could i have broke ( 700r4 )
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 07:40 PM
when will it rain???

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89
the issues are i only have 1st gear it will not upshift into any other gear(even manually shifted) and has no reverse.
when moving the car in first gear there is no engine braking at all,let off the gas an its liek the car is neutral

what happened was i was out cruising and i decided to test my antilag setup. so i was rolling down the street in second gear and pressed the antilag button and went wot.the antilag keeps the motor at 2500 rpms while adding fuel/retarding the gnition timming and droping spark to allow raw fuel into the turbo headers.it worked perfect boost jumped right up i let go of the button and the car jumped heard a loud band then the motor just free reved and bounced off the limiter.

so far ive checked the fluid, its not burnt up, shifter linkage is adjusted properly as is the tv cable.
no funny whining or noises from the transmissions.

i do plan on pulling the valve body down tommorow and taking a look

u guys have any ideas on things i can check with the trans in the car that might cause this before i yank it out and start tearing it down

ok, unless you are in manual 1, the trans is not going to have engine braking.
also, unless you run up enough mph and theres no 2nd gear, you wont know if its got any other forward gears (suspecting broken/stripped sunshell typical symptoms for a bad shell is no reverse, 2nd or 4th).
with the loud bang, pulling the valve body is a waste of time as with a noise like that, i can assure you that the problem is not going to be valve body related. also, with that in mind, im willing to bet that the sunshell has failed.